• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I'm possibly now looking at another CG. My Browning may be up for sale once I get settled into the new one (if I can work the deal out).

ShooterMcGee

Dec 31, 2012
    I got to handle the 32 sporting at bass pro today. Felt great. Think ill be saving a little more and get the sporting over the 28" field. Thanks for all the info and help pjdiesel.

possumman

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2011
    Pikesville Md
    I got mine at Basspro, they had some Browning rebates and discounts if you opened a Bass pro card( credit card discount was $150 by itself i.e.10% off $1500)- then Browning had a sales tax rebate deal too-I told my wife I had to buy it to save all that $- its a great gun.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I got to handle the 32 sporting at bass pro today. Felt great. Think ill be saving a little more and get the sporting over the 28" field. Thanks for all the info and help pjdiesel.

I just spent some time this morning looking (online) at the grade 5's. If they offered them in 30 or 32" I'd be on it.

Good luck in your search. :thumbsup:

ShooterMcGee

Dec 31, 2012
    So I bought the 30" sporting. This thing is awesome. Feels and swings great. Just feels right holding it. Can't wait to try it out. Thanks again for answering my questions.

ShooterMcGee

Dec 31, 2012
    Chokes

Hey Pjdiesel,

Are you using the invector ds chokes with your 725? If so, which one do you use for trap? I started off using the M, but changed it on Saturday to the IM choke, and did much better. I thought the M choke would have been a better choice, thinking the IM was to constricted, but I guess not. I have not been able to test them out on a pattern board, maybe ill get a chance in the spring.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Yes, I'm still running the DS chokes. Lots of guys have swapped out to Muller at this point. I don't shoot trap, only Sporting. I shot the last two times with M/IM, never touched them the entire round. Shot a 24/25 two Sundays ago. Trap is going to be a little different distances wise, I usually swap back to an IC or even SK for rabbit shots or incomers.

Word is the Invector DS chokes are way under constricted (IC is more like skeet, skeet is cylinder, etc.)

We are patterning a BUNCH of chokes and loads (everything from target to 3.5" BB in a Browning Maxus and new A400, and from CYL to FULL in our dedicated target guns). There's a whole lot of speculation from choke manufactures and then even more claims and assumptions while we are shooting at geese. :o

Trying to do it March 9th or 10th. I'm sick of wondering, especially about the new Browning chokes, from what I have read last fall, they are WAY open.

Redcobra

Senior Shooter
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 10, 2010
    Near the Chesapeake Bay
    I'm late to the party as you already bought it, but yes the 725 is a good gun. Many say the best that Browning has made in years. The receiver has a lower profile than the 425-525 series. They say the chokes are more open than indicated. However, I would also look at a Beretta Silver Pigeon Sporting for comparison. Beretta fits some better, Browning fits others the best. Get at least 30" barrels. 32" if possible.
    I thought the old Brownings swung like a 2X4, but the 725 felt much better to me. Much livelier.
    Just my $0.02.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Bart's in Glen Burnie tends to have a good selection of Browning shotguns.

My wife and I have shot 325s for MANY years.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Bart's in Glen Burnie tends to have a good selection of Browning shotguns.

My wife and I have shot 325s for MANY years.

I had a 425 (Golden Clays), my first "real" sporting gun. Absolutely beautiful example of an older Browning.

I had fitment issues with it, rather than have it torqued on I sold it. The 725 (along with 5and 625 I believe) have a palm swell which gives the gun a nice feel.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    I'm late to the party as you already bought it, but yes the 725 is a good gun. Many say the best that Browning has made in years. The receiver has a lower profile than the 425-525 series. They say the chokes are more open than indicated. However, I would also look at a Beretta Silver Pigeon Sporting for comparison. Beretta fits some better, Browning fits others the best. Get at least 30" barrels. 32" if possible.
    I thought the old Brownings swung like a 2X4, but the 725 felt much better to me. Much livelier.
    Just my $0.02.

Why 30" over 32"? I'm shopping for a sporting clays gun too. I see 32" barrels are popular.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    He said it the other way, "at least 30, preferably 32".

32 is just more popular in the last 3 to 4 years. 28" is a definite no-no for clays of ANY kind expect maybe being a dedicated Skeet shooter.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Trying to gather funds to get a grade 7. I like the design and feel, never been hot on the bland look....

They sell these in Grade 5 and 7 now (other than field models), if I can sell this and the 525 Nickel I have, I'll be into a new 725.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom