Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 18, 2013
    Annapolis
    The EPA should have some Common Sense

the product will still be made in this nieghborhood we call a planet

be it a 95% pollution free plant here or a 1% pollution free plant in india

some say it ain't my problem, but..

This...all the EPA did was succeed in shipping jobs and profits overseas AND increase pollution..
    Well done.

NOT!

You both seem to be under the impression the EPA makes pollution laws.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I couldn't walk into our machine shop without wearing safety glasses

the guys in india wore sandals shorts and a tee shirt - that's it, period

they were using a two man ladle because manhole covers are pretty heavy.

I worked in a foundry and when molten metal hits the ground it splatters and that 2,000 degree melted metal can burn right thru you.

if the EPA cared about protecting people they wouldn't send jobs to places that have NO safety or health standards

those guys CAN'T VOTE

Scratch

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 18, 2013
    Annapolis
    what is your fix?

If you want the pollution laws relaxed in the U.S. in order to allow businesses such as Doe Run to keep running then Congress is where you start; not the EPA.

If you want pollution laws in India raised to U.S. standards in order to prevent their pollution from eventually reaching you then India's government is where you start; not the EPA.

Blaming the EPA for this is like blaming our military for invading Afghanistan and Iraq.

Use some common sense. :sad20:

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    The mission of the EPA is to justify the existence of the EPA. I think its doing quite well..

:)

Other counties have watched us destroy our own industrial base an learned not to do that. What that means is that if we tried to rollback the EPA it would be considered an unfair trade practice. :)

The war in the middle east however may make all this moot however.. ;)

Only good news liberals is will glow in the dark too ;)

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Quite true but, isn't that what every government agency does!:rolleyes:

Some of them also serve a purpose. Like DOD. DOJ. Etc

Not so epa. Nor labor nor education. Nor HHS.

Funny thing however they all disappeared we would still be borked.

Oh well at least the liberals can feel like they are doing something -- that's all that matters. .

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    I am from Government, and am here to help you figure out how alll the other government programs that we thought would help but did not actually did because it would be worse if we had done nothing.... -- Pres ( it was Bush's fault anyway) O

yellowfin

Pro 2A Gastronome
    Jul 30, 2010
    Lancaster, PA
    The mission of the EPA is to be government's hitman to kill off any business it doesn't like at the time. This fits nicely with the objective of killing off employment to make more people dependent.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Yep, it was all that damned pesky EPA and the administration targeting gun owners. Wouldn't have anything to do with 120 years worth of lead coating the smoke stack or the company choosing to not upgrade.

http://m.stltoday.com/news/local/cr...59fd-858b-e01a877ed23f.html?mobile_touch=true

" the only safe level of lead is zero" -- discuss.

Then figure out why if the perfect is the enemy of the good you send jobs overseas where the 'good' becomes the 'very bad'.

facts are EPA policy increases net pollution-- by sending environmentally problematic industries to countries with no standards at all, killing jobs and increasing the use of energy in transportation..

Anyone whom cares about the global environment, and 'green house gasses' must put an end to the EPA.

Since they do not-- I conclude that their intention is other.

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    If you want the pollution laws relaxed in the U.S. in order to allow businesses such as Doe Run to keep running then Congress is where you start; not the EPA.

If you want pollution laws in India raised to U.S. standards in order to prevent their pollution from eventually reaching you then India's government is where you start; not the EPA.

Blaming the EPA for this is like blaming our military for invading Afghanistan and Iraq.

Use some common sense. :sad20:

Your proctologist called, they found your head. The epa is an out of control agency with police powers. While it's supposed to be governed by congress and the executive branch, that's not happening.

Scratch

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 18, 2013
    Annapolis
    Yep, it was all that damned pesky EPA and the administration targeting gun owners. Wouldn't have anything to do with 120 years worth of lead coating the smoke stack or the company choosing to not upgrade.

http://m.stltoday.com/news/local/cr...59fd-858b-e01a877ed23f.html?mobile_touch=true

^This

Your proctologist called, they found your head. The epa is an out of control agency with police powers. While it's supposed to be governed by congress and the executive branch, that's not happening.

Take your insult and shove it. Once again, the EPA doesn't make laws; Congress does.

Secondly, move to China where no EPA-like government interference exists.

Severe-smog-and-air-pollu-010.jpg

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/jan/14/beijing-smog-continues-media-action

Scratch

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 18, 2013
    Annapolis
    facts are EPA policy increases net pollution-- by sending environmentally problematic industries to countries with no standards at all, killing jobs and increasing the use of energy in transportation..

Anyone whom cares about the global environment, and 'green house gasses' must put an end to the EPA.

:lol:

I haven't seen a thought process this convoluted and self-serving since "we had to destroy the village in order to save it".

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom