Palmetto State Armory Refusing To Sell Bulk Ammo to MD?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scratch

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 18, 2013
    Annapolis
    Last week I placed an order online with PSA for the 1000 rounds of Federal American Eagle .223 ammo sale priced at $399.

Just now I got an email from Palmetto stating (bolded mine):

Thank you for your order! We certainly appreciate the opportunity to serve all of your shooting needs.

At Palmetto State Armory we strive to provide the highest level of service available to each of our valued customers. From time to time we have to notify our customers of restrictions regarding magazines or ammunition limitations. You recently placed an order with us, number referenced above, in which an item, unfortunately, falls within the parameters of these limitations. In respect of the laws in your state we will need to cancel this item from your order and refund the monies minus a 5% handling charge relating to same.

We apologize for any inconvenience however we are bound to follow the law as it relates to our products and the restrictions in place in for your state.
    We appreciate your business and loyalty and look forward to servicing all of your product needs in the future.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us via e-mail at: shipping.info@palmettostatearmory.com.

Again, thank you for your continued loyalty and business.

Thank you,

Kayleigh
    Palmetto State Armory

pablo

Backpfeifengesicht
    Oct 13, 2009
    Baltimore City
    PSA: Maryland: No Sales to the City of Annapolis and Montgomery County.

Been like that for a while, I think. Could be your order falls in this category?

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    They cancel the order and charge you a 5% handling fee. I would never buy anything from them again. I would also call them and pitch a bitch.

Scratch

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 18, 2013
    Annapolis
    I called Palmetto at (803)760-4004. According to a "Brandon" and then his supervisor "Beth Hurst", Palmetto is prohibited by Maryland law to ship ammo to Annapolis or Montgomery County.

They would not allow me to change the shipping address on my 'cancelled' order to my other owned residence outside Annapolis.

After some back-and-forth, Beth Hurst did agree to waive the 5% fee.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Excuse me, but PSA are obviously staffed by idiots.

The Annapolis and Montgomery County "laws" are invalid, because Maryland pre-empts local jurisdictions from creating their own laws regarding restrictions on firearms and ammunition.

AND THE BATF BOOK CLEARLY STATES THIS.

Hi-Torque

Jan 16, 2013
    Finksburg
    Their policy is clearly laid out on their website, and mimics most online ammo suppliers. I'm not here to argue the law, but they did exactly what their terms and conditions page says they would do.

It's very nice of them to cancel the 5% re-stocking fee, to me that more than resolves the situation. Sucks you didn't get the ammo, but there are many ways to get around this from here on out.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/customer-service

"Maryland: No Sales to the City of Annapolis and Montgomery County"

"Customers ordering ammunition that is illegal to own in their state will have their orders canceled and will be charged a 5% restocking fee."

redhawk_hj

May 29, 2013
    montgomery county
    when did this take place? I ordered 500 rounds to Kensington placed on July 30, 2013 3:20:30 PM EDT

PMC Bronze 55gr FMJ-BT 20rds 223A 5998 25 $
    Subtotal $
    Shipping & Handling $11.00
    Grand Total $

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    They put it in writing for you on their website
    Customers ordering ammunition that is illegal to own in their state will have their orders canceled and will be charged a 5% restocking fee.

1. You agree and accept all policies described in our Terms of Use.
    2. You are at least 21 years of age (for handgun ammunition) or 18 years of age (for rifle ammunition).
    3. By purchasing ammunition, you are not violating any local, state, or federal laws.
    4. You have not been convicted of any felony, a misdemeanor of domestic abuse, and you are not chemically dependent.
    5. You have no legal restraint that would prohibit you from possessing, ordering, owning, or transferring ammunition.
    6. You have never been committed to any mental institution, or been adjudicated as mentally defective.
    7. You will not sell ammunition to any minor.
    8. You cannot have ammunition shipped to a post office box.
    9. You do not live in a state, city, or county that prohibits you from owning, purchasing, or transferring ammunition. The following is a list of areas where we will not ship ammunition to. This is not a comprehensive list, but is meant as a guide. It is in no way meant to include all laws and restrictions across the United States. Please contact the authorities in your area for any possible restrictions. If you do live in a restricted area, your order will be canceled.

California: No Sales to the cities of Los Angeles, Oakland, Sacramento and San Francisco.

Connecticut: No sales without a valid permit.

Alaska: No Sales. Must be shipped to a freight forwarder.

Hawaii: No Sales. Must be shipped to a freight forwarder.

Illinois: No Sales to the city of Chicago. All other Illinois residents must email us a copy of their FOID card in addition to their State ID. Ammunition must ship to an address on one of these ID's.

Massachusetts: No Sales

Maryland: No Sales to the City of Annapolis and Montgomery County

New York: No Sales to New York City, or its five Burroughs. Starting January 1st, 2014 all ammunition must be sent to a FFL.

Washington DC: No Sales.

New Jersey: When ordering ammunition commonly used in a handgun/to be used in a handgun, email us a copy of your Firearms ID. We must ship to the address on the FID.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom