• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Masterchief36

Masterchief36
    May 16, 2009
    Va.
    I have a 10.5 upper AR-15 that I want to sell, can I sell it to anyone or do they have to have a their tax stamp first????

Kingjamez

Gun Builder
    Oct 22, 2009
    Fairfax, VA
    If you mean you have an upper FOR an AR-15, you can sell to anyone, it is not a firearm. There are more reasons that it's OK, but that is the only one you need.

If you mean you have a registered SBR, you can sell to anyone but you can't transfer until the Form 4 is back authorizing the transfer. Plus in MD you'd need to go through a SOT since it is considered a handgun and would need to go through the MSP before transfer.
    -Jim

Masterchief36

Masterchief36
    May 16, 2009
    Va.
    If you mean you have an upper FOR an AR-15, you can sell to anyone, it is not a firearm. There are more reasons that it's OK, but that is the only one you need.

If you mean you have a registered SBR, you can sell to anyone but you can't transfer until the Form 4 is back authorizing the transfer. Plus in MD you'd need to go through a SOT since it is considered a handgun and would need to go through the MSP before transfer.
    -Jim
    its just the upper.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    even if its a 10.5 inch upper?

MD Gun Shy? Did not want the good news? Yes its just gun parts. The receiver if the registered part. Now the buyer has to be careful... If he has a rifle lower around.

-Jim

I don't think it would have to go through an SOT. MD may consider them a handgun but you can transfer a handgun without going through an SOT. Plus MSP has been "overlooking" this when it comes to the roster board. I did a MG person to person form 4 in MD, no issue. Its a Mac so it could fall in that Handgun category too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom