• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    Always a good idea.

they did say they would exchange them if the clean and lube didn't work. that's nice of them.

it's just that my Glock mags have never been cleaned or lubed in thousands of rounds of steel cased junk, yet still run fine. I can't say I trust the magpul for SD.

chino101

Jan 12, 2011
    I had similar issues when using steel cased ammo, and it would always happen when there are 5 round remaining. Seems like it has something to do with the coatings on the steel cases causing too much friction. If the first 5 rounds that I load into the mag are brass cased, the magazine would work fine.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    I have had some issues with the Magpul 27 round mags. My Ruger PCC won't eat them without malfunction, but strangely enough, only in the hot summer. Ran them all winter long with no issues. My factory Glock 33 round mag can be hit or miss in the Ruger PCC as well. I have a pending order with MCARBO for their spring and recoil kit that advertises "better Ruger PCC" reliability.

OTOH, my Magpul 17 round mags run like a trooper. Never an issue. I am going to try the CLP recommendation. Just for kicks. When the range opens back up... in 2025.....

travistheone

Usual Suspect
    Dec 11, 2008
    cockeysville
    having a glock puts you in an excellent situation where you can buy mags that are designed by the same company that makes the gun. this ensures performance. why not take the opportunity?

magpul AR mags have only become popular due to the general lack of a single stream procurement of mag and rifle.

dwb1987

Mar 6, 2013
    Frederick County
    I had similar issues when using steel cased ammo, and it would always happen when there are 5 round remaining. Seems like it has something to do with the coatings on the steel cases causing too much friction. If the first 5 rounds that I load into the mag are brass cased, the magazine would work fine.

I've got 10 of the 17rd pmags and 11 of the 21rd pmags. At the range in my Glock 17 G4 I pretty much exclusively shoot wolf and tula 9mm. Think I'm on my 3rd case and I have not had a single malfunction. Whats the datecode on your mags for date of manufacture? ETA just checked and all my 21rd are 11/18 and my 17rd are 4/19.

having a glock puts you in an excellent situation where you can buy mags that are designed by the same company that makes the gun. this ensures performance. why not take the opportunity?

magpul AR mags have only become popular due to the general lack of a single stream procurement of mag and rifle.

Biggest plus in my book is they pretty much less than half the cost of a factory mag.

I also have a SGM 33rd 9mm mag, only used it a couple of times but it didn't give me any problems. Been meaning to pick up a ETS and see how they fare.

Last edited:

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I had problems with a P80 build and Magpul mags. Factory Glock mags run fine. Other P80 builds run them just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom