• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Ref post 218

Thanks bro.

I started this ordeal with a couple hundred rolls in long stores. Not counting my normal pantry load of ~24 rolls on the shelf. Also not counting six cases of six of the Scott industrial rolls.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Oh, I got this too.

5b9a3fb989c937a67d9c7a20f35757c2.jpg
    That's good looking

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Only sort of a "get", but I spent the whole morning working on my mowers and my generator.

Oil changed in everything, new plugs in everything, took the grinder to the brush hog blade and gave it a little polish. Hit all of the zerks with some fresh grease on the brush hog.

Ordering back up plugs this afternoon, have a new blade and four quarts of oil waiting for me at the hardware store to be picked up.

All of my chainsaw chains are sharpened and waiting to be picked up at Bowen's.

Peace of mind that I have my gear tuned up for the season. Now if I could just get the hell out of here to actually use them.:sad20:

ngman

MDS Supporter
    Apr 19, 2013
    Western Howard County
    Haha, if you need TP, keep checking Amazon. It comes up every hour or so and sells out in 3-4 mins. But if you check often enough you can def get some. Same deal with paper towels.

Thanks for the tip, it took several attempts over 30-40 minutes but was able to score some. It goes fast!

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter

****If you don't mind getting a re-certified one, which are often turned in at the end of a lease, or from airports, malls, etc.. You can get one's that have new battery packs and have been stress tested (load, capacitors, etc..) for $699-$800 or so with pads, etc.. Decent brands like Phillips and Cardiac Science, etc... It depends on your needs: an orthodontist or amateur gynecologist might have one in their office with a non-rechargeable battery pack but EMS out in the field will most likely require rechargeable or easily swapped battery packs, more pads, and other accessories.

You can buy kits like this, with everything included, depending upon your needs for about $900-$1000, also re-certified, depending upon the model and features required. When I did cardiac rehab work out in the field, we had portable units for all techs and they were rarely ever used, and we had a company that would check all units twice a year as part of a maintenance plan.

The prices have come down somewhat, as there are millions of units in service now. There are discounts available, on used re-cert units from a variety of sources (Red Cross, Cardio Partners, Phillips, etc...), several times per year as new models come out, or a bunch get turned in, etc..

It's not a bad idea to have one in the house, if budget permits. So many people have un-diagnosed hypertension, pre-diabetes, are obese, and have overall very low functional cardiovascular capacity due to a lack of exercise, arterio and atherosclerosis, sleep apnea, and just an overall unhealthy lifestyle.

Currently, our EMS services (at least around here in MoCo) are being stressed due to the Wuhan Coronavirus from China (the Commies), there may come a time when response time after calling 911 may be less than optimal. Anyone suffering a coronary incident will have *much* greater odds of survival if an AED is available versus only CPR.

Anyway. Just FYI. If someone needs links, or pricing info, and it's ok with the mods I'll post them up. I also occasionally get email coupons from our medical supply vendors with specials, etc.. and they sometimes include AED packages, new and re-certs for remarkably decent prices compared to the first units we used years ago that were minimum 3k.

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    Not recently, but last year when I moved up to middle-of-nowhere PA, I bought an AED for the house.

Been contemplating getting one for a while. They certainly don't work in every case but I'd hate to be in a spot where one would have worked and I didn't have it.

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    ****If you don't mind getting a re-certified one, which are often turned in at the end of a lease, or from airports, malls, etc.. You can get one's that have new battery packs and have been stress tested (load, capacitors, etc..) for $699-$800 or so with pads, etc.. Decent brands like Phillips and Cardiac Science, etc... It depends on your needs: an orthodontist or amateur gynecologist might have one in their office with a non-rechargeable battery pack but EMS out in the field will most likely require rechargeable or easily swapped battery packs, more pads, and other accessories.

You can buy kits like this, with everything included, depending upon your needs for about $900-$1000, also re-certified, depending upon the model and features required. When I did cardiac rehab work out in the field, we had portable units for all techs and they were rarely ever used, and we had a company that would check all units twice a year as part of a maintenance plan.

The prices have come down somewhat, as there are millions of units in service now. There are discounts available, on used re-cert units from a variety of sources (Red Cross, Cardio Partners, Phillips, etc...), several times per year as new models come out, or a bunch get turned in, etc..

It's not a bad idea to have one in the house, if budget permits. So many people have un-diagnosed hypertension, pre-diabetes, are obese, and have overall very low functional cardiovascular capacity due to a lack of exercise, arterio and atherosclerosis, sleep apnea, and just an overall unhealthy lifestyle.

Currently, our EMS services (at least around here in MoCo) are being stressed due to the Wuhan Coronavirus from China (the Commies), there may come a time when response time after calling 911 may be less than optimal. Anyone suffering a coronary incident will have *much* greater odds of survival if an AED is available versus only CPR.

Anyway. Just FYI. If someone needs links, or pricing info, and it's ok with the mods I'll post them up. I also occasionally get email coupons from our medical supply vendors with specials, etc.. and they sometimes include AED packages, new and re-certs for remarkably decent prices compared to the first units we used years ago that were minimum 3k.

I'd be interested in that info. Thanks for sharing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom