• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • altima98

Apr 6, 2008
    Well thats no fun...

"Heritage doesn’t allow participants to bring their own weapons. What they shoot must be rented at the facility. There is no membership. Customers pay by the hour."

IgotAgun

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 20, 2015
    So boycott heritage? They are spitting in the face of the true gun enthusiasts, by not allowing us to bring our own guns. Who are the idiots that go to places like Gilbert's and Heritage???? God why are Maryland shooting ranges so shitty...

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    That has to be an error. So they'll rent you a gun. But they'll also sell you a gun that you can't use there? :crazy:

Why Try

Mar 4, 2013
    Frederick area
    Have not read the news post but during the walk though they said you can use your own ammo and guns at heritage. They also had now hiring paperwork with apply online info.

IgotAgun

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 20, 2015
    That has to be an error. So they'll rent you a gun. But they'll also sell you a gun that you can't use there? :crazy:

Thats what I was thinking. " Let me sell you a gun you can't use here"

On the other hand it wouldn't be a surprise with the shitty indoor ranges MD has. MSAR is crowded and has no RSO's, and some questionable people. Gilbert's doesn't let you bring your own ammo. How are they still open???? Now this place. Thats it, I'm opening up my own range in Frederick that caters to people who like to shoot.:party29:

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    To not allow gun owners to bring and use their own guns would be a very bad decision,
    that would cut out about 90% of their customer base.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Here's their press-kit.
    http://www.heritagetrainingcenter.com/files/HTC_Press_Kit_Sept_2014.pdf

I think I see where the media went wrong.
    Heritage will offer an inventory of handguns, rifles, and shotguns to be used solely in our range. Patrons will have the opportunity to test firearms prior to the purchase of a new, similar weapon. Rental selections will primarily be for choosing a weapon for personal defense, training, and recreational shooting. Gun rental fees will be hourly.

They misinterpreted that to mean no privately owned firearms, if I'm reading this correctly.

Claybreaker 2

Aug 25, 2013
    Frederick County
    Its good to see that both ranges seem to finally be overcoming all of the permitting and regulatory difficulties they encountered. They will be a great addition to Frederick and will hopefully help overcome the influx of Montgomery anti-gun transplants. It will be nice to have the indoor options when the weather does not cooperate.

JBinDC

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2012
    MoCo - Silver Spring
    No membership is a bummer IMO. I prefer to pay up front and then shoot enough to make it worth it. Also, y'all sure that - "Heritage doesn’t allow participants to bring their own weapons. What they shoot must be rented at the facility" - a miss print? Seems like they may be catering more towards new shooters. I hope they're miss printed, as it does seem like a bigger range than MGN, which is my concern with bothering to get a membership there. Not a fan of packed ranges. Sure wish MoCo would step up and at least let someone open up a new range, say, out in the Western part of the county.

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    The article states the following about Heritage.

"Heritage doesn’t allow participants to bring their own weapons. What they shoot must be rented at the facility. There is no membership. Customers pay by the hour."

Once the go out of business the 2nd generation owners will allow you to bring your own weapons yo shoot.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX

Once the go out of business the 2nd generation owners will allow you to bring your own weapons yo shoot.

I think we've established that the "you cant bring your own guns" policy was an error by the writer of the article ;)

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍

We're all thinking the author misinterpreted what was in the press-kit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom