Palmetto State Armory Refusing To Sell Bulk Ammo to MD?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Got 2160 rounds of 5.45x39 on my porch two days ago. In Takoma Park.
    PSA has sent me hundreds of rounds in past with no problem.

Montgy County passed some kind of fool law a long time ago about this; they got slapped down by the state, but some dealers never got the word. Try another dealer if you don't feel like arguing the case. Ammo prices are dropping and the dealers will be snowed under a backlog - surely someone wants your money.

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    You know my mom ordered some .45 ACP from PSA a few months back and lives in Germantown. I'll ask and see if shr had any problems.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

This is my first order with PSA though I've had several thousand rounds shipped to my house. I skipped a few thousand rounds of .223 and .40 from PSA because of their policy; I called and Customer Service told me "yeah, too bad that's what the policy." Whatever, I'll try more orders and if they try to charge me 5% restocking for something that never left the warehouse I'll do a chargeback.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Tons of discussion to figure out that Maryland's laws are crappy, and some companies don't want to deal with them. They're so confusing that within the same company enforcement can be spotty.

Ammo is getting easier to find; think outside the box and get the system working FOR you instead of whining; and read the policies first.

Kazimir

Aug 6, 2013
    I noticed that after my first purchase. They still have sent me 3 orders totaling 3500 round in the last 2 months. One of them shipped yesterday. All shipped to gburg.

Lightkeeper

Nov 29, 2013
    I just ran in to this with Cheaper Than Dirt. They told me "as of October 1, 2013 both Maryland and Connecticut have new laws that will prohibit the sale of ammunition or magazines."

I know about the new magazine restriction, but have heard nothing, and can find nothing, about not being able to mail order ammo. Add to that, I just had 1000rds of 5.56 delivered on from another supplier last week.

Am I missing something, or is CTD just foolishly cutting off all ammo sales to Maryland?

Lightkeeper

Nov 29, 2013
    after their antics in the past, why the **** would you even consider buying from them anyway?

I was comparing prices and wanted to know what the total cost would be so I entered my location, and once I saw that it couldn't be shipped, I got curios, so I asked them.

As I indicated, I just bought 1000rds from someone else last week. I'm willing to pay more to spend my money with companies that behave ethically, I just like to check prices now and then.

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    Has anyone in Montgomery County been able to have ammo mailed to them? Because, I've heard that some places such as bulkammo.com will send ammo to Montgomery county.

I've had a bout 8000 rounds of various calibers from various vendors shipped to my home in Montgomery County this year. None of it from PSA, with the majority coming from Lucky Gunner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom