• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ShooterMcGee

Dec 31, 2012
    I am looking into buying an 18-24 size gun safe. I am looking into the casual safes like Liberty Centurion, and Sentry, Winchester, ETC. Just something to keep the kids out. Is it better, or cheaper, to buy these locally, or from an online retailer?

t84a

USCG Master
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2013
    West Ocean City, MD
    I bought the Winchester from Tractor Supply. Wherever you buy, just remember these are heavy mofo's and very hard to move. We had to use my buddy's Bobcat to get it from the driveway to my lower level rear entry. From there, we used a commercial had truck. Have a plan before it gets delivered.

wade234

Feb 12, 2011
    Mechanicsville, MD
    I lucked out last weekend and picked up Sentry GM2459E for $450 at my local BJs. 24 gun big enough for my small gun collection and ammo with plent of room for paperwork.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    I lucked out last weekend and picked up Sentry GM2459E for $450 at my local BJs. 24 gun big enough for my small gun collection and ammo with plent of room for paperwork.

Did they have any more of them?

Brads

Jan 31, 2013
    Harwood
    Liberty model Lincoln is the best I can find.MADE IN USA!!!! There is a differents in the metal from safes made out of our country. www.a1safesonline.com
    Office: 410-879-3562 | Mobile: 443-807-8322.They are the best and work with you.Its worth the wait if they dont have it in stock.The Lincoln is a little expensive but what are your guns worth. It is an investment.

Trogdor

Nov 13, 2011
    If all you want to do is keep the kids out they have cheaper gun cabinets. Stack on makes some. I looked at some of the entry level safes for a little while and I liked the Liberty Centurion from lowes the most. Costco sells Cannons and they are delivered to your door I believe included in price. Don't remember what lowes policy was.

FlatsFlite

Aug 6, 2012
    King George, VA
    I recently purchased a Winchester at truck and tractor. For the price it's hard to beat. I opted for the white glove delivery, which is where you want the safe, not just delivered to the curb. That cost me an extra $160, but well worth it.

If you do have to move one (with a buddy), pull the door off amd move the two pieces seprately. You'll thank me later. 250 pounds is much essier then 500 pounds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom