Need a GOOD carpenter (Near Arundel Mills)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Hey guys,

Anyone know of a good carpenter near Arundel Mills? I had a trim board on my house seemingly slowly deteriorate and I was going to replace it; however as I started to dig into it (home improvement projects ALWAYS balloon on me) I saw a lot more rotted/soft wood behind it. Am a little concerned because It looks like floor support beams are involved; at least from the outside.

Hope it wasn't caused by termites. I don't see any., though maybe they're gone or migrated elsewhere ??? (Geez, hope not...) The holes are from nails I pulled out.

This house was built around 1982 so yea, it's showing it's age. I'd rather let someone a little more experienced fix this; if the price is not outrageous. Possibly a lot more will need to be replaced (front facade and insulation behind it.

Here are some pic's of what I have:

8ydrt5.jpg

eqxqaa.jpg

wjjnls.jpg

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Ryan Schmidt is my guy. I've used him for a complete bathroom gut and rebuild as well as some emergency repairs after the flood.

I've always felt him to be very fair with us and his work is very good.

http://www.schmidtcontracting.net/aboutus.html

He's busy, as a good contractor should be, but if you're flexible on a relatively quick job, he can sometimes schedule you between jobs or when a sub-contractor holds him up.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Thanks Zoostation and Norton... I've contacted Ryan Schmidt and he's coming out early this evening for a look see....

Also, coincidentally a Terminix truck was parked near me; just had the guy look at the wood; it's not termites (thank gawd....) just moisture and rot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom