• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jim Keenan

Aug 16, 2008
    On the issue of some lurkers being anti-gunners looking for ammunition:

It is well to remember that posting on a web site is not like chatting with your buddies in the basement over a few cold brews.

It is more like going on Larry King Live with a megaphone. Everything you post on a site like this can be seen by a couple of hundred million people if they care to look.

I am not concerned about blanking out serial numbers on guns lest the "Feds" record them in a kind of backdoor registration. Believe me, the BATFE and the FBI have better things to do. But some types of comments are out of bounds, and you know what they are.

Jim

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    It only took about 10 min. of lurking before I figured out I belonged on here last week . I'm looking forward to learning and sharing all the info I can.

Peddler

Nov 10, 2008
    Fayetteville, PA
    Yeah, I lurked for about a month and really wasn’t going to join up until I knew my work would be slowing down . But my work shows no sign at all of slowing down until next spring. I'd love to be able to join in the conversations more, but I'm usually checking out the board early in the morning before work. I did away with watching TV and browse around a few websites while drinking my coffee instead.

Heck, I don’t even have time to go shooting. I have a brand new pistol I've shot 4 rounds through and a brand new shotgun that’s yet to be fired. But priorities come first and just a few months ago I was worrying about having work through the winter. The work is just sitting there, waiting top be done, and if I don’t do it, they'll find someone else that will.

I need the money, so you all will have to wait for my happy dappy butt to become an active poster. :D

PM51

Nov 15, 2008
    Elliott City
    I've been lurking for about a month before deciding to join. I normally would remain in stealth mode, but I've decided that there is too much going on to remain on the sidelines. I'm a new handgun owner. I haven't shot a weapon since I was a kid (that's a long time ago) and feel that it is time to get back in the game.

Peddler

Nov 10, 2008
    Fayetteville, PA
    Welcome PM51. I'm new also. I shot a lot when I was growing up, and then got out of it for a few years. I became real active again in my mid 20's and then got out of it again. I recently purchased a pistol and shotgun after being gun less for about 5 years.

Every time I get back into it though, I find I'm actually a very good shot with quite a few firearms. I believe that for most of us it's like riding a bicycle. Except for the bang.

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    I was pointed here by a friend, and lurked for a couple days and really absorbed a lot of useful info! Signed right up, and I'm looking forward to learning as much as I can, and contributing when possible (big newb here).

Thanks for having me :)

Ryan

SVrider

Nov 22, 2008
    St.Louis
    Here i am

Well,decided to post up. ive been lurking around for a bit now, specifically ar information. Just got all the parts for my lower build today. Great forum here, and a ton of info :thumbsup:

Todd v.

Ultimate Member
    Nov 30, 2008
    South Carolina
    I'm in also, I have been lurking a bit and am very pro second amendment or any other type of freedom we're talking about!! I live in Severna Park and have a few nice toys but haven't been shooting in a while but plan to!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom