• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheNewGuy

Jul 17, 2015
    Typical first world problems again fellas. I picked up a G19 under the idea it was the best of both worlds (conceal and big enough for target shooting). Just grabbed a G17 and shot them together for few days and now i am having a hard time justifying the 17. I am a 100% sure that i will grab my 19 every time so should i sell or save for rainy day. Need some Maryland shooter "voice of reason."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Before Boundless asks, I'll do it for him. ;)

How much do you want for it? :D
    Yes, yes that would be the question....

By the way I just purchased another G19 and another G17. That brings me to 3 of each plus numerous other Glock's. Always looking for more.

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    The G17 has a longer sight radius and therefore will be better in the accuracy department, at least when it comes to deliberate slow-fire.

All the Glock models have their place, though the G19 is definitely the happy medium.

So, how much do you want for it? :innocent0

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    By the way I just purchased another G19 and another G17. That brings me to 3 of each plus numerous other Glock's. Always looking for more.

Redundancy is a good thing. If banners ever have the upper hand nationally, the name Glock resonates with them as much as AK or Assault Rifle does. Doing a Bushmaster/named list ban on common handguns might be hard for them to pull off, but mag restrictions might not. So I'm accumulating standard capacity mags for both, with the plan to eventually have two of each (G17 and G19).

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Redundancy is a good thing. If banners ever have the upper hand nationally, the name Glock resonates with them as much as AK or Assault Rifle does. Doing a Bushmaster/named list ban on common handguns might be hard for them to pull off, but mag restrictions might not. So I'm accumulating standard capacity mags for both, with the plan to eventually have two of each (G17 and G19).
    I have an insane amount of Glock magazines to go with the guns. How many Glocks do I need to be a bona fide Glock collector? Where is Pinecone surely he can tell me how many Glocks it takes to be bona fide? I need to buy enough so I can transport them for private and public exhibition.

bbab3258a9844e1ed5996bd1363c3609.jpg

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Since when is necessary part of the equation? You wanted it, you bought it, you enjoy it. Glocks can be like bunnies and multiply.

Robert1955

Ultimate Member
    Dec 25, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    A G17 was my first pistol and I love it. A G19 is on my todo list as well as a G21 or G30. A guy has got to have options :innocent0 My GP100 and SR1911 are in the safe to add some color to the collection.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    Typical first world problems again fellas. I picked up a G19 under the idea it was the best of both worlds (conceal and big enough for target shooting). Just grabbed a G17 and shot them together for few days and now i am having a hard time justifying the 17. I am a 100% sure that i will grab my 19 every time so should i sell or save for rainy day. Need some Maryland shooter "voice of reason."

If the question is "what handgun?", then the answer is always Glock 19. *

* unless the question is "Glock 19 vs Glock 17", then the answer is "Get both".

md123

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011

If you are having these thoughts, it means you really do need the pistol. There is no going back now.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    "Forgive me father Gaston for I have sinned."

"Bless you my son, what is the nature of your sin?"

"I own a Glock 19 but have lust in my heart for a Glock 17. I feel terrible, the Glock 19 is arguably the best all around pistol in the world, small enough to conceal, but it's 15+1 rounds of ass kicking +P performance make it a firearm that even the NYPD could use to land a fatal shot on a perp, but something still sends a thrill up my leg for the Glock 17."

"Have no worries, my son, go forth and purchase the Glock 17 for as it is written, the Lion shall lie down with the Lamb, so too shall the 19 and 17 share space in the holster. Use them both for the cause of goodness and may the peace of the larger magazine interchangeability be upon you."

Last edited:

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    "Forgive me father Gaston for I have sinned."

"Bless you my son, what is the nature of your sin?"

"I own a Glock 19 but have lust in my heart for a Glock 17. I feel terrible, the Glock 19 is arguably the best all around pistol in the world, small enough to conceal, but it's 15+1 rounds of ass kicking +P performance make it a firearm that even the NYPD could use to land a fatal shot on a perp, but something still sends a thrill up my leg for the Glock 17."

"Have no worries, my son, go forth and purchase the Glock 17 for as it is written, the Lion shall lie down with the Lamb, so too shall the 19 and 17 share space in the holster. Use them both for the cause of goodness and may the peace of the larger magazine interchangeability be upon you."
    LMAO, classic...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom