• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ganegrei

Comblock Convert
    Jun 23, 2011
    Somewhere in BoCo
    Can anyone direct me to an IP or maybe a non-IP that can do a simple removal of a factory dovetail sight on a "while-u-wait" basis or something like that. We're talking a few whacks with a brass punch at most. I have spoken to a few places already but would really rather not wait 2 weeks for something so simple.

Thanks.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Can anyone direct me to an IP or maybe a non-IP that can do a simple removal of a factory dovetail sight on a "while-u-wait" basis or something like that. We're talking a few whacks with a brass punch at most. I have spoken to a few places already but would really rather not wait 2 weeks for something so simple.

Thanks.

umm.. you want a sight removal tool.. its not just couple wacks of punch.. :lol2:

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Can you link me to one? I am just trying to remove the factory open sights as I put receiver mounted peep sights on and the factory sights are occluding my sight picture.

for what gun? they do make for several gun.. or you can the universal (but thats frowned on).

Ganegrei

Comblock Convert
    Jun 23, 2011
    Somewhere in BoCo

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    That tool looks great, except it says it is for handguns. Would it work on an octagonal barrel rifle?

I have only used mine for semi handguns, but it should hold the flats of an oct barrel perfectly (though I am not familliar with your particular rifle, so evaluate for yourself)... and no scratching since the jaws have a plastic lining and the pusher heads it comes with are AL. It provides nice and controlled force. The only ways to screw up are to not line it up correctly or push the sight out the wrong side.

Like many jobs, the right tool is half the battle (and knowing is the other half :innocent0).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom