• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GutPile

Ultimate Member
    Jul 4, 2016
    Missed this one. Looks like they are in the same price point as chicom made shitka. Good to see some 100% us made options pop up after kungflu.
    https://gearjunkie.com/forloh-hunting-apparel-clothes
    A new brand aims to bring American-made, high-end hunting apparel directly to hunters through both a physical storefront and an online presence.

FORLOH entered the hunting retail market last week, and the brand is ready to make waves. It brings a high-tech, family-friendly line to folks looking for something different in the outdoors.

And while the brand is new, it’s hitting the market with a major launch. It opened a physical store over the Fourth of July weekend in Whitefish, Montana.

MattTheGunslinger

Ultimate Member
    Jul 26, 2010
    Baltimore county
    Good for them. I love that a new US company is stepping up. I hope those nuts enough(joking, kinda) to spend that kind of money on a coat buys from the local folks!

I’m not into too many “hi tech” clothing. So I wish someone would offer reasonable USA made wool and cotton/canvas outdoor clothes.

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    Interesting. So I'm glad someone is making good hunting gear in the USA now. I'll continue to keep an eye on them but their selection is really small right now. I'll tell you why I own Sitka, because it's the best waterfowl gear I've ever purchased hands down. I've run colombia, drake, field and stream and countless others but the investment I made in Sitka gear has been the best so far. Their waterproof stuff is actually waterproof like pouring rain 7 hour sit in a layout waterproof. Nothing else I've owned comes close. Does it suck that it's made in china? Of course but for now I've found nothing better.

SummitCnty

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Frederick County
    Expensive hunting clothing is expensive for a reason. It works.

Us guys that walk 1/4 mile or less to our tree stand or blind won’t get the benefits of it.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Mumble mumble years ago , top quality hunting parkas were two hundred something $ , so $400 now adjusted for inflation isn't that far out of line .

Is this line top quality latest technology ? Probably . Is it X number of times better than " normal " mid priced gear ? Probably sometimes yes , sometimes not so much . Depends upon the specific conditions , and the person , their metabolism , circulation , health , etc .

ToBeFree

Ultimate Member
    Oct 5, 2011
    Highland Cnty-Va
    Still using a camo M65 I got, well let's say there was an 80 in the date, and still keeps me hidden! And with the liner it's damn warm.

I must admit some of the newer gear is for more extreme endevours then what I do - nowadays.

GutPile

Ultimate Member
    Jul 4, 2016
    Expensive hunting clothing is expensive for a reason. It works.

Us guys that walk 1/4 mile or less to our tree stand or blind won’t get the benefits of it.

Absolutely. I personally - 100 yards from house to tree have no business dropping that kind of coin - a full season's lease price on gear. But if it can hold up better and keeps me in the stand longer when the high is 10F I might be tempted.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Absolutely. I personally - 100 yards from house to tree have no business dropping that kind of coin - a full season's lease price on gear. But if it can hold up better and keeps me in the stand longer when the high is 10F I might be tempted.

I layer with a down jacket for those days. Feel like the Michelin man but it works.

Mighty Joboo

Sep 15, 2020
    I'm a big fan of VOG apparel. It's run by David Johnson Wood and is pretty sweet stuff. A little on the pricier side, but well worth it in my opinion.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I got a Sitka ElevatedII Fanatic Bib last year for the harsh, Northeast Pa winter. Best 400 bucks I have ever spent on a clothing Item. It's heaviest most extreme piece they have. The Elevated line is made for when you are just having to sit I believe. Amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom