• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JamesDong

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2020
    Duffield, Va
    Texture of an overripe banana or avocado is correct for a Paw Paw. Everything likes to eat them. Timing is everything when collecting them. Ideally, catching them in a bedsheet with a gentle shake of the tree will get the ripe ones to fall. If they're on the ground for more than an hour or two the critters will have found them.
    I would more than happy to come collect some and cook some stuff and share with you. Paw Paw beer perhaps?

EDIT- Duffield VA is really far from me.

Yes but it's heaven by comparison, when the shit hit the fan the local sheriffs said we were a sanctuary county from the gun grabbers. Today I'm going to Bristol to buy crabs so the ridge runners have their moments of civilization!

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    It has been my experience that Paw Paws grow in shade under a forest canopy of mature hardwoods- typically near slow moving water.
    I don't think they would do well with lots of sunlight.

My SIL has a place on Cacapon River, and it is really dark and muddy with a couple creeks feeding the river. It is covered with PawPaw trees. I'm far from a tree expert, but I'm in agreement with you on the shade and moisture thing.

My wife always wants to plant fruit trees, so maybe we'll steal a couple from her sister's place.

Good thread :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom