Good Chinese restaurant in Ellicott City?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trumpet

SCSC/NRA life member. MSI member
    Oct 29, 2005
    Ok, so give me some recommendations here. I really wanted to try Honey Pig, but the kids aren't wild about Korean. So, what are some of the better Chinese Joints in Ellicott City?

makijo

May 31, 2013
    Catonsville
    Do the Honey Pig, their food is fabulous and the kids can find something on the menu. My wife and I have used numerous Groupons there.

RoKKboXXer

Feb 27, 2013
    Catonsville
    Haven't tried the honey pig, but I will now. If you don't mind driving to Catonsville, I enjoy hunan taste @40 and rolling rd. Never had a bad dish there. This is a sit down restaurant, and also do carryout.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    He said the kids aren't crazy about Korean, so why is everyone suggesting Honey Pig? lol
    I know it kicks ass, but geez!

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Han Joong Kwan is EXCELLENT.

Chinese and Korean food
    http://www.yelp.com/biz/han-joong-kwan-ellicott-city

Agree. We hit this place in the Lotte Plaza when we're there shopping for Asian grocery - and we possibly have some Chinese food experts in the family. :innocent0

Honey Pig is fun, but I wouldn't rate any dining experience there as especially memorable. Usually go to other places with Korean friends.

For fried chicken, the South Korean chain restaurant Bon Chon is pretty good - the chicken is twice fried - and depending on the location, one might have a hard time getting an open table. The Rockville location has always been lucky for us.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    Got quite a few negative reviews recently on Yelp

That sucks. I haven't been there for about a year. The old chef opened his own place in Odenton/Ft.Meade. It is called Grace Garden. I figured since you were taking the kids the setting is much better at Hunan Manor. I would have recommended Grace Garden to begin with. It is very small, but very authentic.

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    That sucks. I haven't been there for about a year. The old chef opened his own place in Odenton/Ft.Meade. It is called Grace Garden. I figured since you were taking the kids the setting is much better at Hunan Manor. I would have recommended Grace Garden to begin with. It is very small, but very authentic.

Grace garden, quite simply, is the best Chinese restaurant within 20 miles of EC.

Order from the Chinese menu. Get them to translate for you. It's worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom