• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Keystone70

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    HoCo
    Just installed one of these in my M&P 9 fs. Pretty easy, even for me. I also have a 9c I want to install a new sear in. This gun also has the internal lock. Is there anything thing I need to know that is different because of the internal lock?

Keystone70

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    HoCo
    Wow:party29:
    Finally got a change to fire it with the new Sear. All this time I thought it was me and my trigger control. Now I'm shooting tight groups like my Gold Cup does. I'm going to get the rest of the parts that make up the Apex DAECK now.
    This is well worth it!

Keystone70

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    HoCo
    Well stage 2 complete. I inatlled the rest of the DCAEK kit.
    USB Striker Block
    Trigger Spring
    Sear Spring

It was actually not that difficult. Took my time and kept referencing back to the videos. I actually had it easier with the sear spring and plunger than the guy on the video.

Trigger is now back to a normal pull weight with a smoother break and reset. Have to take it to the range now to see how she performs (I mean me)

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    A member, HT4 I believe but could have the user name incorrect, did a great post on the M&P sears available. I have just used logic and care to hone my sear closer to what you have now. Makes a huge difference as you noted.

Keystone70

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    HoCo
    The only thing I was worried about was the rear site removal using a vice. Mine pulled right out by hand after loosening the set screw. Gun works fine. I was shooting at 25 yards; just wanted to see if every was okay. Next time I'll take my targets and set a 10 to see how well she shoots. Now I have to do my 9c.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

VWTurbo

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2010
    Perry Hall
    Anyone local to freestate with the whole set of mods done? I would love to test one out and see if I like it before I start changing my favorite gun around

mtb

May 24, 2011
    I am not really local, but I am up there from time to time... I may go up there sometime in the next week or so.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Anyone local to freestate with the whole set of mods done? I would love to test one out and see if I like it before I start changing my favorite gun around

I have the FSS, Apex tactical Trigger, USB, and updated sear spring.

Keystone70

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    HoCo
    Well I finally got around to installing the whole DCAEK kit in my M&P9c. After having done one already to my fs 9, I found it very easy. Do not shy away from installing this yourself if you can be patient and take your time. It's not hard at all.

Now both of my M&P 9 s have very smooth trigger pulls. The weight is not much different from factory; but, the trigger breaks very smoothly with out pulling my sights off target (except when I flinch)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom