• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    I regret buying my first pistol, a S&W mdl 39-2.
    What a POS!!!!!
    Looking back, it MAY have been the magazines, but, I couldn't get a magazine full of ammo to feed/function without some sort of jam.

No-one that shot it, could get it to function.
    Went back to S&W. Came back, "Functions normally."

Still wouldn't feed reliably.
    One of my Dad's co-workers really wanted it.
    "Well. . . .bye."

One that I regret NOT buying -
    A very good friend had a 1911 Colt, accurized/built by Bob Chow.
    This 1911 was perfection in steel.
    I was offered the pistol for the sum of $500.00.
    I was going through a divorce, and had NO $$$. :mad54:

llkoolkeg

Hairy Flaccid Member
    TEC-9. It's so cheap I'm afraid to shOot it.

Don't worry, MD won't let you have one anyways. I had a friend in VA with one and it was if anything unrefined, overbuilt and under-engineered. It seemed very sturdy, though, and took to abuse w/o any feed issues despite being able to zip through 33 9mm rounds VERY quickly. Are you sure you have a real one or perhaps a copycat? Either way if it's here, get it out of MD quick before trouble results.

milldog

Apr 16, 2011
    College Park
    Don't hesitate to get another 22/45 if that's what you want. It's easy to assemble once you get used to it. I can think of at least one other popular pistol that is much more complicated to assemble.

On the flip side, have you looked at the Browning Buckmark? I love mine. Assembly is stupid easy compared to my 22/45.

Haven't looked at one yet but now that I ran a quick search and saw they have threaded barrels (looking at a .22 for my first foray into the suppressor field) that may have sold me on them, thx!:D

Joe Blow

Joe Blow
    Feb 2, 2012
    Southern MD
    If there is one thing I noticed it is, to make sure you can get accessories and mags before you buy something. I had a Taurus G2 and the mags were almost impossible to find. Even called Taurus and they said the mags were on backorder, and that was before the hype, so once this panic started I knew I would never find them. Sold that sh on GB.

grayson71

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2011
    Rocky Gap, Va
    Mine was a Sig 229 in 9mm. I bought it in a package deal with a P226. didnt like either of them, eneded up selling both, spent way too much money on both of them and ended up going back to Glock.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    Ruger MkII target...gift from my dad way back when. It was fun to shoot but a complete bear to reassemble after cleaning. I lived either on-campus or in the fraternity house at the time so it was either against the rules or common sense to keep I stored where I lived so I kept it with the campus cops. So, it was mainly a safe queen (as is my current collection, thank you ammo availability) and therefore I had to relearn how to reassemble it every time. Eventually sold it on consignment at the local shop.

Now of course, I'm interested in getting a 22/45 Lite before they get banned, so go figure.

Ha! You said fraternity house and common sense! We had guns in our house. And yeah, some stupid things did happen. We had an old car out back from a homecoming float (we didn't want to rent a trailer so we bought an old car for 100 bucks). It went down the street, stalled and never started again. It ended up in the back of the house. Soon it became a favorite late night shotgun target, not by me mind you.... One neighbor reported hearing a "sonic boom". to the police. I just don't think anyone thought it possible that a shotgun would be discharged in an urban setting. Good times.

Last edited:

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Remington Nylon 66 ... coolness factor for the tube magazine hidden in the stock ... uncoolness, magazine hidden in the stock makes most guys jam the muzzle in the dirt or floor while reloading it ... damaging the crown. Secondarily ... the one I got had a factory defective barrel anyway. Bought a good used barrel for it.

I still like it for its super light, smooth action for a lightweight kid/starter gun ... rather have a mag fed 77 with extra mags for the same action.

#2 is the first gun I ever purchased ... FIE Super Titan .380 ... hammer action is too long and does a bounce on the slide while the slide is full back ... right on the firing pin block safety axis. The hammer peans the safety and locks it in the fire position. Its still usable (has functional trigger safety) so its staying in my safe as a SHTF barter/give to relative/neighbor gun.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    Tactical Solutions 22LR upper. Total turd from go. Went back to Tacsol for a new barrel, bolt assembly, and trigger/hammer/sear and still gets light primer strikes and and FTEs. I'm determined to get this thing running right if it's the last thing I do; when it does actually fire, I can regularly hit a 1" spinner at 100 yards, despite the heavy milspec trigger. That's the only reason I still have it.

I also have a Savage 17HMR that I've been pretty disappointed with. It's taken a lot of work to get it to shoot right, but the trigger is still god-awful. The only reason I still have it is because it's not worth much, would be a hassle to sell, and if I can get the trigger ironed out, would be fun to shoot.

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011

The first one was a Gen4 that I had to send back because the slide wouldn't go back on. Niether the dealer or Glock could explain that one to me. I discovered that problem when I gave it it's initial cleaning before the first shoot. I had to send it back to Glock, and when I got it back and took it out to shoot, the trigger on the thing was so bad, I couldn't accurately shoot it. I said eff it and got rid of it.

So, I thought I would try again. I bought a current crop Gen3 (which has Gen4 parts as well, per Glock). Well that POS spit every shell casing right back in to my face. Sent it back and Glock and they pretty much took care of the problem. Well, then another problem started. (I started a thread about this with pictures.) Every so often when a round would be chambered, the side of the casing would crush, thus jamming the bullet and the casing in to the chamber so it would have to be forced out. This occured with two different types of ammo. Eff it to that one, got rid of it.

ThePhantomPatriot

Politically Incorrect
    -Charles Daly semi-auto goose gun. Junk, firing pin broke after 200-300 rounds, they sent me a new one for free then sold it. Don't buy a CD, ever!

-Mossberg 100-ATR .30-06 w/ synth. stock. Recoil was ridiculous since it had no weight to it, fired about 10 rounds and then sold it.

-AR-15 (listed in classifieds), was talked into it over the AK, wound up not liking it as much as the AK. I like the simplicity and reliability of the SKS & AK compared to all the moving parts and tools required for AR.

My advice is try it before you buy it. If I had tried the ATR and the AR first I probably wouldn't have bought either.

Cars:
    -Chevy Cobalt, biggest POS car ever. Had to take it back to the dealer 2 or 3 times for brakes. They were assembled wrong in Mexico. Also has 3 recalls on it for roof pillar, power steering motor, and something else. Valve cover leaks oil like crazy. Wheel studs break off easily. I will never buy another Chevy again.

CSS

Nov 30, 2012
    The first one was a Gen4 that I had to send back because the slide wouldn't go back on. Niether the dealer or Glock could explain that one to me. I discovered that problem when I gave it it's initial cleaning before the first shoot. I had to send it back to Glock, and when I got it back and took it out to shoot, the trigger on the thing was so bad, I couldn't accurately shoot it. I said eff it and got rid of it.

So, I thought I would try again. I bought a current crop Gen3 (which has Gen4 parts as well, per Glock). Well that POS spit every shell casing right back in to my face. Sent it back and Glock and they pretty much took care of the problem. Well, then another problem started. (I started a thread about this with pictures.) Every so often when a round would be chambered, the side of the casing would crush, thus jamming the bullet and the casing in to the chamber so it would have to be forced out. This occured with two different types of ammo. Eff it to that one, got rid of it.

I'm a huge Glock fan, but they need to get it together when it comes to quality control. "Perfection" really should be reevaluated if that's how they are going to do business now. I had issues with the Gen 4 G17 also. One FTE and EVERY casing would hit me in the face, so I replaced the recoil spring and extractor. I couldn't be happier now. Hopefully it stays that way. My next purchase was going to be a G30 and G23. Now I’m leaning towards Sig…

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom