• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scrovak

Back in the "Free" State
    May 2, 2011
    Afternoon all,

With the state slowly reopening, are there any folks in here who are, or will be, teaching the Hunter Safety Course, or field day, near Cecil County? The closest ones I can find through the DNR site are all the way out in Pasadena. I know we have some instructors in here who may not necessarily put all their courses or availability on the DNR website, so I figured I would put a feeler out there.

Thanks in advance!

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Why not just take the TEXAS online course. It is acceptable to MD DNR. Matter of fact all states courses are reciprocal.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Current guidance is that all classroom courses are postponed indefinitely.

Field Days will be starting back up (June is the earliest available). With the traditional classroom courses being postponed, the age limit for the Online courses has been lowered to 10 years old.

Here is the online course:
    https://www.hunter-ed.com/maryland/

Look here for available Field Days after you complete the online portion:
    https://register-ed.com/programs/maryland/89-maryland-hunter-education-internet-field-day-workshop

SummitCnty

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Frederick County
    How long do you have to take take the field day after you have taken the online portion. If my son takes it online in the next month or so and he can’t get into a field day until later in the year if that’s all that is available is there a time limit?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    For actual newcomers , who are starting from zero , and benefit for gaining useful knowledge, and helpful skills , I traditionally recommend the in person classes .

If you already know your stuff, and just need an arbitrary piece of paper , the Texas Totally Online .

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    How long do you have to take take the field day after you have taken the online portion. If my son takes it online in the next month or so and he can’t get into a field day until later in the year if that’s all that is available is there a time limit?

1 year

scrovak

Back in the "Free" State
    May 2, 2011
    For actual newcomers , who are starting from zero , and benefit for gaining useful knowledge, and helpful skills , I traditionally recommend the in person classes .

If you already know your stuff, and just need an arbitrary piece of paper , the Texas Totally Online .

Newcomers to firearms or hunting? I know all about firearms and safety, but I've never actually been hunting before. I've taken the MD online portion like three times already, but every time there's a field day I run into scheduling conflicts with work, the military, and more.

I did not know about this Texas thing. I'll have tk look into it. Thanks, all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom