• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yingpin

Ultimate Member
    May 31, 2013
    Kingsville, MD
    I didn't see an updated thread and I know that I am kind of late to the game but I moved this month and have two fireplaces but no wood. I have been looking for free stuff on occasion on CL and found a little bit but it is this years cut and wont be ready until split and seasoned next year.

I am hoping that you guys can give me some solid recommendations for good dry seasoned wood.

Looking for 1/2 or full cord depending on price. I am located in Kingsville and can pick up by the pick up truck load, not sure how much I can fit in a 1500 crew cab....

Delivery could work as well. I have a lot of expenses with the new house so trying to keep that in mind.

Thanks fellas -

Yingpin

Ultimate Member
    May 31, 2013
    Kingsville, MD
    I will look into Garmin Brothers. I picked up on an old thread about them. I don't know when I will be over that way anytime soon but it sounds like a good deal.

jkeys

Jan 30, 2013
    I have ~10 cords of wood seasoned 2+ years in Owings Mills. Mix of Maple, Oak, and Elm. I will beat anyone else's reasonable price, sending a PM.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    One of my FB friends has a bunch of free firewood he was giving away AND delivering for free. I just sent him a message to see if he has any left.

Yingpin

Ultimate Member
    May 31, 2013
    Kingsville, MD
    Fox123, still working on a time to get over to you. Maybe able to get over tonight.

jkeys, I will be in touch. Thank you everyone.

CrabbyMcNab

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2009
    Looking for someone close to Montgomery county. Have a pickup and willing to travel an hour or so.

GunLvrPhD

Apr 16, 2008
    Falls Church, VA
    There is a guy on a little old farm in Adelphi, MD (between College Park and Silver Spring) that has good prices for split firewood if you buy a cord. I've been getting wood from them for a while and it burns well.

The advertise on craigslist sometimes.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I have a chit load of split wood I need to get rid of. Much of it was split a few years ago but was kept inside a barn and is well seasoned, some was split this summer. Let me assess exactly how much and I'll update. I also have a bunch of rounds that need to be split. I also have some big ass rounds that need to cut up further with a big ass chain saw before it can be split. I'm in western Howard County.

Some of the big stuff that still needs splitting can be seen in this pic if anyone is interested:
    96517119-8903-4A8D-BAD1-26E49159D62A_zpswpjnhbqm.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Your land and machinery? Sweet.

Hope CnC also tunes into this thread. Wouldn't be surprised if they can use some wood too.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Your land and machinery? Sweet.

Hope CnC also tunes into this thread. Wouldn't be surprised if they can use some wood too.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Yes, that's my new toy. I'm trying to find a vertical rifle mount for a tractor.

jkeys

Jan 30, 2013
    Nah, you need a pintle socket and a beltfed:lol2:

Do tractors fall under what DNR considers a vehicle? You could mount the gun to it, but loading it would be illegal... Can't have people riding their tractors all over God's creation poaching squirrels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom