• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    I transferred two handguns, to my daughter last week at the Rockville MSP Barracks.

The officer on duty was not particulary happy to perform this function. Specifically, he stated that "this service should not be performed by officers on duty". He also informed us that it may take several hours to complete as he was busy answering phones and he recommended we go to an FFL to conduct the transfer.

My daughter and I politley said "Thank You, but we will wait" and sat down in the chairs awaiting his attention. After about half an hour of quietly sitting and very little phone ringing he called us over to start the process.

It took about two hours from the time we walked in until the time we departed, with the transfer complete.

Previously I had conducted transfers at the Waterloo Barracks in Jessup. They were very responsive at the Waterloo Barracks. Much more efficient and accomodating.

Sorry to hear about your experiene. I do agree that it does depend on the trooper you get at the time. I have done 2 transfers there and both were smooth with no issues. Also they were done fairly quickly. .

IGOR455

Oct 12, 2011
    glen burnout
    since i work at barts and know how to fill out the forms i did it for my children. i sent in the forms along with the checks for 10.00 didnt know the fees were waived by not a big thing. when my daughter figures out what revolver she wants ill do it again, not sure about the hql but she already has the training component handled since she already has a ar. i walked them through the whole thing.
    as a aside when annapolis barracks was still around i sold a firearm to another deputy sheriff, when we got to the barracks the desk sgtg said he didnt know how to fill out the paperwork. i asked him if he wanted me to show him and he said great. i ended up giving a class to ther barrack commander the first sgt the desk sgt and a couple of troopers. none fo them had ever seen the paperwork done and where it had to go. since we were inuniform well we didnt worry bout leaving a gun in the car.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    since i work at barts and know how to fill out the forms i did it for my children. i sent in the forms along with the checks for 10.00 didnt know the fees were waived by not a big thing. when my daughter figures out what revolver she wants ill do it again, not sure about the hql but she already has the training component handled since she already has a ar. i walked them through the whole thing.
    as a aside when annapolis barracks was still around i sold a firearm to another deputy sheriff, when we got to the barracks the desk sgtg said he didnt know how to fill out the paperwork. i asked him if he wanted me to show him and he said great. i ended up giving a class to ther barrack commander the first sgt the desk sgt and a couple of troopers. none fo them had ever seen the paperwork done and where it had to go. since we were inuniform well we didnt worry bout leaving a gun in the car.

You might want to do one for your daughter on Monday. The HQL costs $50 plus the cost of Live scan Fingerprints about another $50 depending on where you get them. So even if she is exempt from training you are probably looking at $100.00 and no one knows how long a HQL will take to get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom