• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rwbow1969

Get Wiffit
    Dec 10, 2011
    Clearspring
    My Utah permit came in the mail today. I took the class in Hagerstown in the begining of Febraury. So, if you took the class at that time it should be coming to you soon. By the way the instructor Perrin Lewis his wife and the rest of his crew were all very professional and did a great job presenting and handling all of the materials of the class. :thumbsup:

Thanks again, Rob

rwbow1969

Get Wiffit
    Dec 10, 2011
    Clearspring
    The Florida permit can be downloaded. From what the instructor said you can provide your hunters safety course certification as your live fire qualification. But double check. I have Floridas here at the house but wanted to see how the Utah went first. I guess it's time to get the Florida one now...

mrjam2jab

Jul 23, 2010
    Levittown, PA
    The Florida permit can be downloaded. From what the instructor said you can provide your hunters safety course certification as your live fire qualification. But double check. I have Floridas here at the house but wanted to see how the Utah went first. I guess it's time to get the Florida one now...

Can't download the print cards tho. :innocent0

Hunter safety cert is sufficient.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    If you have your Maryland hunter safety certificate/card just send it to Florida for proof of training. No need to do the live fire.

We offer live fire for anyone who needs it for Florida. If you have taken our Utah course there is no additional charge. It can be a chalange to set up a range time though, but we try very hard to accommodate everyone.

Glad to here that you received your permit, be safe and use it well.

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    I finally signed up to take the class at AGC on 4/29, I sent in my application for MD on 3/21. Any bets on which I will get first.

ProShooter

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2008
    Richmond, Va
    PM Proshooter. He offers live fire certs for FL

Thank you, swinokur.

I do offer the Florida live fire cert, but according to Florida law the live fire has to be done with the same instructor who did the classroom session. If someone takes one of our classroom sessions, all they have to do is schedule the Florida range session via our website. We'll set up an appointment to meet them at the range and run them through the 50 round course.

Chris0nllyn

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 6, 2012
    Calvert County
    If you have your Maryland hunter safety certificate/card just send it to Florida for proof of training. No need to do the live fire.

Really?

I didn't know that!

So, in my case, I took the hunter's safety course about 10 years ago, and all I need to do is (find) and turn in a copy of that, pay, and get my FL CCW?

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Really?

I didn't know that!

So, in my case, I took the hunter's safety course about 10 years ago, and all I need to do is (find) and turn in a copy of that, pay, and get my FL CCW?

Yep it can be that easy. Here's the requirement as taken from Florida's web site. Please keep in mind that the instructions do not outline the exact wording of the law. Florida's law requires that the course include live fire.

Florida law requires you to submit proof of competency with a firearm in order to qualify for a concealed weapon license. A
    copy of a CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION or similar document from any of the following courses or classes is acceptable:
    any hunter education or hunter safety course approved by the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission or
    a similar agency in another state;

 any National Rifle Association firearms safety or training course;
     any firearm safety or training course or class available to the general public offered by a law enforcement agency,
    junior college, college, or private or public institution or organization or firearms training school, utilizing instructors
    certified by the National Rifle Association, the Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission, or the
    Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services;
     any law enforcement firearms safety or training course or class offered for security guards, investigators, special
    deputies, or any division or subdivision of law enforcement or security enforcement;
     any firearms training or safety course or class conducted by a state-certified instructor or by an instructor certified by
    the National Rifle Association.
    The copy of the training certificate/document must be clear and legible. The certificate/document must include your name, the
    instructor's name, the instructor's signature, and the instructor's certification number.

Other acceptable forms of training documentation include the following:
     documentary evidence of experience with a firearm obtained through participation in organized shooting competition;
     active-duty military personnel may submit copies of any of the following documents that confirm your experience with a
    firearm gained during your service: military orders including call to active-duty letter; a statement of military service signed
    by, or at the direction of, the adjutant, personnel officer, or commander of your unit or higher headquarters which identifies
    you and provides your date of entry on your current active-duty period;
     former military personnel can submit a DD Form 214 reflecting honorable discharge from military service.
    DO NOT SEND ORIGINAL TRAINING DOCUMENTS OR OTHER RELATED MATERIALS TO THE DIVISION.

mrjam2jab

Jul 23, 2010
    Levittown, PA
    Yep it can be that easy. Here's the requirement as taken from Florida's web site. Please keep in mind that the instructions do not outline the exact wording of the law. Florida's law requires that the course include live fire.

Hunter's safety doesn't matter...

the statute:

(h) Demonstrates competence with a firearm by any one of the following:
    1. Completion of any hunter education or hunter safety course approved by the Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission or a similar agency of another state;
    2. Completion of any National Rifle Association firearms safety or training course;
    3. Completion of any firearms safety or training course or class available to the general public offered by a law enforcement, junior college, college, or private or public institution or organization or firearms training school, utilizing instructors certified by the National Rifle Association, Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission, or the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services;
    4. Completion of any law enforcement firearms safety or training course or class offered for security guards, investigators, special deputies, or any division or subdivision of law enforcement or security enforcement;
    5. Presents evidence of equivalent experience with a firearm through participation in organized shooting competition or military service;
    6. Is licensed or has been licensed to carry a firearm in this state or a county or municipality of this state, unless such license has been revoked for cause; or
    7. Completion of any firearms training or safety course or class conducted by a state-certified or National Rifle Association certified firearms instructor;

A photocopy of a certificate of completion of any of the courses or classes; or an affidavit from the instructor, school, club, organization, or group that conducted or taught said course or class attesting to the completion of the course or class by the applicant; or a copy of any document which shows completion of the course or class or evidences participation in firearms competition shall constitute evidence of qualification under this paragraph; any person who conducts a course pursuant to subparagraph 2., subparagraph 3., or subparagraph 7., or who, as an instructor, attests to the completion of such courses, must maintain records certifying that he or she observed the student safely handle and discharge the firearm;

:innocent0:D

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    Sweet I just got mine as well but I wont be able to carry on my first trip to VA because I am leaving straight from work and I cannot bring firearms on base :sad20:

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Took the same class as you, feb 12th. Me and my father got ours last friday. Good times. Enjoy west virginia,!
    Glad to hear they are coming in. Utah did loose one of the application packets though. Our customer called the other day and said his credit card was not charged. Had to put together another packet.

Kimber45

Jan 14, 2011
    Whiteford
    Just got mine in the mail today. Took the course at Freestate on Feb. 21st.
    Now what to carry? Looking at the S&W Bodyguard .38

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom