• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Saturday evening, June 23...Man in Mt Airy Maryland "accidentlly " shoots himself in the right shoulder. How does this happen?
    Rule # 1. ALWAYS keep the gun pointed in a safe direction.

Not to mention that he also has a CCW permit according to sources.
    Rumor in Mt Airy is that he is also a NRA Certified instructor.

Dad saved his life by applying pressure to the wound. Otherwise he probably would have bled to death.. .45 cal didn't come out the other side.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Interesting... the news story about it in the Carroll County Times has been blocked. There's a headline, but no story, and it says comments have been disabled. Wonder what's up?

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    I am glad he survived. I am reading more and more ND by instructors or by students being trained by NRA instructors. Not exactly a comforting thought for those of us who are NRA Training Counselors.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Interesting... I came across the following news link, from back in April, googling the above incident. Concidence? Or some underlying universal quirk of sychronicity at work?

http://myfox8.com/2012/04/06/mount-airy-man-accidentally-shoots-himself/

Well, the incident last weekend was in Mt Airy Maryland. The above item was in Mt Airy North Carolina.

This from the Carroll County Times.
    http://www.carrollcountytimes.com/news/local/mount-airy-man-accidentally-shoots-himself/article_e74440c5-c6a9-577a-af47-6bfae810aa0f.html

ProShooter

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2008
    Richmond, Va
    I am glad he survived. I am reading more and more ND by instructors or by students being trained by NRA instructors. Not exactly a comforting thought for those of us who are NRA Training Counselors.

Mike - Its only going to get worse. I know of a TC that is doing instructor classes. Some of their students barely have a wallet crease in their carry permits, and they're being talked into taking the instructor's course.....and now they are teaching! The blind leading the blind.

I saw one forum where a new gun owner was asking about a simple law, having to do with concealed permits and the instructor was like, um, duh, I dunno....how can you teach CHP classes, yet not be able to explain to someone how to apply for the permit?

Scary.

randomjoe

Jan 16, 2009
    This is another example of why even instructors need monitoring. I posted in another thread of numerous and flagrant safety violations by an NRA instructor at a local range. When reported to the range cadre initially the answer was "but he's an instructor and know's what he's doing." Once film was reviewed from the range cameras it was obvious how unsafe he was and the response was "oh we just assumed he knew what he was doing since he's and instructor."

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    I don't need any stinking training to keep and bear arms, especially when the trainers are the ones shooting themselves by accident!
    I taught a friend of mine how to shoot right before he went into the Army.
    When he got back he told me I showed him how to shoot the same way the Army did and I've never been in the military, just been shooting guns since I was a kid.
    Training can be overrated IMO and it's no substitute for common sense which sadly isn't so common these days.

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    Mike - Its only going to get worse. I know of a TC that is doing instructor classes. Some of their students barely have a wallet crease in their carry permits, and they're being talked into taking the instructor's course.....and now they are teaching! The blind leading the blind.

I saw one forum where a new gun owner was asking about a simple law, having to do with concealed permits and the instructor was like, um, duh, I dunno....how can you teach CHP classes, yet not be able to explain to someone how to apply for the permit?

Scary.

I have seen this first hand as well, TC's that give instructor certs out like candy seems to be the plan of the day for most of them. All they are interested in is meeting their yearly quota to give the class and collect their course fee. I have seen quite a few folks get instructor creds that shouldn't even be allowed to shoot a gun let alone teach people how to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom