• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smkranz

Certified Caveman
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 21, 2013
    Carroll County
    Late last year we purchased two 1.5" thick memory foam mattress toppers to add additional cushioning to our camper's beds. They have been cut to the size of our camper's mattresses, which is 54" x 74". Used maybe 4-5 times, they were always installed underneath the camper's mattresses when in use, and stored in plastic bags when not in use. We have replaced them with self-inflating vinyl sleeping pads which are much easier to set up, put away, and store on camping trips...we have a "hybrid" camper with beds that fold down at either end of the camper, so the foam has to be put away and then brought out and installed under the mattresses on each trip. Here is a pic of one of them rolled up in the large trash bags we store them in when not in use.

Before listing them here, I asked the S.U. if we have any pillows or seat cushions which we could use these for, and received a negative response. We have a seamstress friend who might could use these, but before asking her we thought to post them here first.

Anyone interested, is welcome to one or both of these. I'd like them gone within a week if possible, before we offer them to our seamstress friend. FTF in or near Westminster.

Attachments

• IMG_9337.jpg
      IMG_9337.jpg
      49.8 KB · Views: 292

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I have no need for these, but trying to figure out why you would put a TOPPER, UNDER the mattress?????

smkranz

Certified Caveman
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 21, 2013
    Carroll County
    I have no need for these, but trying to figure out why you would put a TOPPER, UNDER the mattress?????

Good question. The point of the foam toppers is to add some thickness to our camper's beds so we don't bottom out..the mattresses themselves aren't thick or dense enough to prevent that. We also use fitted sheets on our mattresses, and they don't fit well or stay on with the foam on top of the mattress. Laying directly on top of the foam without a sheet feels weird.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Good question. The point of the foam toppers is to add some thickness to our camper's beds so we don't bottom out..the mattresses themselves aren't thick or dense enough to prevent that. We also use fitted sheets on our mattresses, and they don't fit well or stay on with the foam on top of the mattress. Laying directly on top of the foam without a sheet feels weird.

OK.

I have a 4" topper on my master bed. I got it for my old mattress, but when I got a new bed and mattress (with built in topper), I just tossed it on. :D

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    SMKranz thank you for the toppers. They will work great.

Nice meeting you and now you can tell people that you nobody got your toppers.

Nobody

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom