• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    And that is why I have been posting in the last week, that we need to "shift gears" Almost to the point of "forget fighting" these bills, but take the fight to the reps them selves.

Bulk mail flyers to every constituent explaining how a rep is victimizing minority neighborhoods, Billboards and signs come election time.
    Groom (somewhat middle ground) democrat opposition candidates to run against them.

Listen, A RECORD number of minority citizens became gun owners in the last year or 2, don't tell me there is not a potential democrat 2A candidate that just needs funding and coaching?

You seem to believe that the MD GA, with its built-in veto-proof supermajority, cares about your testimony.

You also forget that felons on the street are a major source of income for prosecutors, judges and defense attorneys, all of whom are represented in the GA by, yes, lawyers, whose mission it is to support their fellows while crapping legislatively on those of us who have no effective representation in that august body.

Since Baltimore prosecutors have determined that they will not prosecute many crimes, the police will of course not waste their time in arresting those who break these non-laws. Voila! The crime statistics dramatically improve!

Use of your firearms to injure these golden-egg felons is frowned upon by prosecutors, who will gleefully strip you of your rights and your money as they prosecute and punish you severely for interfering with their income stream. It's also a convenient way to demonstrate to others who might seek to defend themselves that they are at greater risk from the thugs in MD's justice system than from the thugs on the street.

By the way, a majority of your fellow citizens are in total agreement with all of the above. That's why these folks are still in office.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    Just made my MSI renewal.
    My goal is between now and Jan 1,, Is to sign up 5 friends/neighbors.
    I will walk them through and not leave till they are signed up, even if it means paying the $25

Slackdaddy: Just a note to say, on behalf of MSI, THANK YOU! We greatly appreciate your kind words and expression of support. You and others on the forum are correct, we need every member of MDS and every gun owner to become a member of MSI. MDS has roughly 20,000 members. For those who are MSI members, thank you. For those who are not? Why in the H___ not? Don't depend on others to carry the Second Amendment load. We need you. Maryland is a legal and legislative battleground state, and it will be especially so after the upcoming win in the NY case this coming Spring. Please help.

Mark W. Pennak, President, MSI.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Slackdaddy: Just a note to say, on behalf of MSI, THANK YOU! We greatly appreciate your kind words and expression of support. You and others on the forum are correct, we need every member of MDS and every gun owner to become a member of MSI. MDS has roughly 20,000 members. For those who are MSI members, thank you. For those who are not? Why in the H___ not? Don't depend on others to carry the Second Amendment load. We need you. Maryland is a legal and legislative battleground state, and it will be especially so after the upcoming win in the NY case this coming Spring. Please help.

Mark W. Pennak, President, MSI.

Glad to see you posting, hope you are feeling better Mark.

Merry Christmas to you and the family.

tjaw

Nov 14, 2014
    Monkton, MD.
    I will find & check the date on my MSI Membership. I am a Sustaining Member...do I still need to Renew?

Also, I am happy to work the MSI booth at at Central & Northern MD shows, and very South Central PA.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    I will find & check the date on my MSI Membership. I am a Sustaining Member...do I still need to Renew?

Also, I am happy to work the MSI booth at at Central & Northern MD shows, and very South Central PA.

Membership is yearly, so yes. You can check your renewal date by logging onto the website and clicking on "account." And thank you. Please let Howard know that you can work the booth by emailing events@marylandshallissue.org. Thanks!

Jroc

Nov 26, 2019
    White Marsh
    Is there a difference between the general, sustaining and executive memberships besides providing a higher donation/membership fee to this much needed organization?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Executive Membership used to be an important distinction , but currently not so much ( other than the monetary support ).

But by all means , also donate to the Legal Fund , either online , or in person at any event with an MSI Booth . 100% goes to MSI's court cases .

Yes , there are people out there with concerns about formal membership , being on " Lists " , etc . Without addressing any merits or not of that approach , the Legal Fund Tip Jar at evert event cheerfully accepts totally anonymous US Currency . ( Or checks , or Money Orders from those so inclined )

Added - To repeat myself from earlier in this thread , you don't need to wait until just before expiration . Memberships will be extended 12 months from previous expiration , no penalty for early renewal .

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    MSI - Join or Renew

MSI will have a table at the Frederick Gun Show this weekend - 1/22-23.

Come out as a Volunteer and get into the show FREE (as a Vendor).

MSI is already busy testifying against HB 30 (on the 19th).

{HB 30 essential summary - … a person may not ... except as required by law or by regulation adopted by the State Board
    in connection with ballot security activities, carrying or displaying a [gun] FIREARM, AS
    DEFINED IN § 16–904(A) OF THIS SUBTITLE, or badge within 100 feet of a polling site on
    election day.}

Even if you have a permit- you would be violating the proposed law.

Last edited:

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    No difference at all other than the title. More deets below. We're grateful for all those who support us.

https://www.marylandshallissue.org/jmain/about-us
    Membership is available at multiple levels in MSI. Your level of participation (cash spent on supporting lawsuits against Frosh and gang) is recognized by different "titles."

Once you have been a member for 2 years, each person gains the same Voting Rights during MSI meetings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom