Mossberg 590A1 18.5" extended magazine tube?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    Is there a favorite out there? My often neglected tac shotgun needs a little love and for sure this is the first step needed.

454shooter

LARGE Caliber
    Jun 20, 2020
    Harford County
    Thank you, any preference between the two?

I have the S&J on the 590 (fixed +2 extension), and the Nordic on the 930 (also fixed +2 extension, I don't currently see on Nordic's website), they both do what they are supposed to and quality is, in my opinion excellent on both. If you just want the +2 mag tube, I would probably recommend the S&J because it is a complete kit (Extension Tube, Spring and Follower) according to their website.

I think the Nordic MXT gives more "customization" in regards to mag length vs your specific barrel length. In other words, you can decide whether you want the mag length shorter than, equal to or longer than the barrel. But, you need to buy separate components to complete the install (Tube and Nut)

I highly recommend the barrel clamp with or without rail for the added support to the extended mag tube.

Magpul also has a barrel clamp/sling mount (depending on what type of sling attachment you want/need) but it does not have pic rail.

https://magpul.com/firearm-accessor...mount-mossberg-590a1.html?mp_global_color=118

Hope this helps and good luck.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    I have the S&J on the 590 (fixed +2 extension), and the Nordic on the 930 (also fixed +2 extension, I don't currently see on Nordic's website), they both do what they are supposed to and quality is, in my opinion excellent on both. If you just want the +2 mag tube, I would probably recommend the S&J because it is a complete kit (Extension Tube, Spring and Follower) according to their website.

I think the Nordic MXT gives more "customization" in regards to mag length vs your specific barrel length. In other words, you can decide whether you want the mag length shorter than, equal to or longer than the barrel. But, you need to buy separate components to complete the install (Tube and Nut)

I highly recommend the barrel clamp with or without rail for the added support to the extended mag tube.

Magpul also has a barrel clamp/sling mount (depending on what type of sling attachment you want/need) but it does not have pic rail.

https://magpul.com/firearm-accessor...mount-mossberg-590a1.html?mp_global_color=118

Hope this helps and good luck.

Thank you, Great stuff!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom