• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CHEF

May 25, 2011
    frederick Md
    John Rippey or Terry Morgan at Key city tattoo.
    Eric Brooks at Classic Electric Tattoo.
    All 3 are extremely talented.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    Tiki Tattoo in Westminster, on John St across from the firehouse.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Good buddy of mine swears by Sarah up at Timebomb in Frederick. He won't let anyone else do his ink.

Outside of that, only other that I can vouch for is Halo over at Black Lotus in Hanover. He's pretty amazing. Most of their crew there is pretty top notch from what I understand.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    Josh Couchenour at Black Label. He's very good. Good enough that he's officially licensed by lucasfilm to do star wars tattoos and they fly him to conventions all around the world.

Black Label is in Frederick.

TopTechAgent

MDS Supporter
    Nov 30, 2012
    Mooresville, NC
    Might be far but I like Lee at Ghosttown Ellicott City. He does a different style of pointlism that will make for a very unique tattoo.
    96b49583f65e3f9b31cd342ee6a01a10.jpg

f57371cf2745cf8cc0908e4b2b00e8ca.jpg
    81dd5f1b862f3b9050c65cf0ca771155.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

punchBIGholes

Nov 29, 2011
    Catonsville
    +1 for Ghosttown tattoo. great shop and all their artists rock. what are you thinking about design wise? color? black & gray? size? style? the more info you give the better we could recommend artists/shops.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    4" - 6" diameter coverage; hummingbird (s) holding a maroon cancer ribbon

Debating on top of arm, or calf.

First tat, so am running blind into this.

I am a fan of the more "meaningful" tattoos to be up on the arms. Just in my thinking it's more degrading to be down below for some reason. That's just me.

I have a wacky Bill the cat on my calf. He doesn't have as deep a meaning to me like a Winnie the Pooh I am going to get holding some balloons each with 1 letter of her name in them. It will be on my arm for sure.
    Also if you want it to be seen more often, on the bicep or forearm is much easier than on the leg, since you most likely won't be wearing shorts in the winter time.

Be prepared, because after you get your first, you will want another. Most feel that way anyway.

molonlabe

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2005
    Mountaineer Country, WV
    Pm offthpaper he's not a tattoo guy and when his daughter who is dating a tattoo guy got one he hit the ceiling. He got to know him and he raves about him. When he tells me He's a real artist and can do anything. He did all the renovations on his shop and he said they are breathtaking. He's actually happy his daughter is happy and finally dating someone who can stand on his two feet. I personally like people who can use a screwdriver. He's protective of his little girl a conservative a patriot gun owner and I was happy to hear that. It's worth a PM to him. Our children can be a disappointment as to their choices in their life.

FGT1958

I know it is a hike, but Lucky Bird Tattoo in Annapolis is good. The owner is Parry Chotipradit. My son works there and has had one of their artists do some of his as has my daughter. I would suggest that you schedule an appointment with whomever you choose and have them draw up a number of concepts for you. They may direct you to another artist in the shop with a different style. Then make your decision.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom