Go Back   Maryland Shooters > General > Industry Partners > Firearms Training > School of the American Rifle

Notices


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 24th, 2015, 06:03 PM   #81
baltech
Member
 
baltech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 348
Chad, I would like to thank you for freeing up seats for our children to attend your armorer's school. My son Emmitt and I attended your Sept.11 class. It was very informative and the quickest 6 hours I can remember. The class held his attention even at that late hour. He also enjoyed receiving the certificate and shirt. He displays and wears proudly. Thanks again, Chad
baltech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2015, 10:34 PM   #82
clandestine


AR15 Instructor
 
clandestine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Glen Burnie, MD
Posts: 32,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by baltech View Post
Chad, I would like to thank you for freeing up seats for our children to attend your armorer's school. My son Emmitt and I attended your Sept.11 class. It was very informative and the quickest 6 hours I can remember. The class held his attention even at that late hour. He also enjoyed receiving the certificate and shirt. He displays and wears proudly. Thanks again, Chad
That brings a big smile to my face. Maybe these young Men and Women will surpass my knowledge and teach me something one day.

clandestine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2015, 07:43 PM   #83
protegeV
I know Nothing
 
protegeV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: TX
Posts: 33,495
It's not an AR, but my son helped me do a little smithing yesterday. Trying to change out the stock on the mossy 12ga I just picked up and the bolt came out a little rough. So we ran a tap into the receiver and a die over the bolt for the new stock and cleaned everything up. Turned out great
Attached Images
 


__________________
Murica
protegeV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2015, 07:48 PM   #84
clandestine


AR15 Instructor
 
clandestine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Glen Burnie, MD
Posts: 32,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by protegeV View Post
It's not an AR, but my son helped me do a little smithing yesterday. Trying to change out the stock on the mossy 12ga I just picked up and the bolt came out a little rough. So we ran a tap into the receiver and a die over the bolt for the new stock and cleaned everything up. Turned out great
clandestine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2016, 03:33 PM   #85
Sticky
Beware of Dog
 
Sticky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: AA Co
Posts: 3,624
I have always learned more than I knew just about every time I have interacted with you, either in person, or on the forum, so... I'd love to be in and....

Seriously, you have contributed a ton to the forum Chad and I know most all of the members that have interacted with you have come away more knowledgeable in the process, like you or not... lol


__________________
MSI Supporting member
NRA Life Member
Twelfth Precinct Pistol and Archery Club/AGC
Archery and Firearm Fanatic

Last edited by clandestine; February 24th, 2016 at 03:56 PM.
Sticky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2016, 06:11 PM   #86
fidelity
piled higher and deeper
 
fidelity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Frederick County
Posts: 13,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky View Post
...

I have always learned more than I knew just about every time I have interacted with you, either in person, or on the forum, so... I'd love to be in and....

Seriously, you have contributed a ton to the forum Chad and I know most all of the members that have interacted with you have come away more knowledgeable in the process, like you or not... lol
You've captured my sentiment too. Why does this guy, who already contributes so much, give to others once again? As Montaya noted (and tried to push the balance the other way, if just a bit), the 2A community in MD is better for the efforts of those like Chad, Nate, Teratos, Mr H, those that run this board, other notable/giving commentators here, those involved in organizing statewide 2A efforts, etc. We on MDS are the beneficiaries, so taking again, from one who has given many times before, feels kind of awkward.


Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk


__________________
Post nubes, lux

Last edited by clandestine; February 24th, 2016 at 03:57 PM.
fidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2016, 12:08 AM   #87
Mr. Ed
aka R56 Ed
 
Mr. Ed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Edgewater
Posts: 3,497
Great class! Learned a lot, especially that I need to buy stock in Mobil 1.
Great meeting you guys, as well. Hope everyone got home safely.


__________________
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.
Mr. Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2016, 12:06 PM   #88
Sthomas229
MSI Executive Member
 
Sthomas229's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Laurel, MD
Posts: 5,542
Images: 3
Late to the party, but I'll echo what everyone else has said, great info and Chad goes above and beyond to make sure everyone is satisfied.


__________________
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
"From My Cold Dead Hands"
Sthomas229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2016, 12:20 PM   #89
shocker998md
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Snow Hill MD/ Grantsboro NC
Posts: 923
I can only imagine how good these classes are. I have done business with chad before on a wore out AR of mine that needed some love. The results were awesome and his attention to detail is out of this world. Hopefully one day ill be able to coordinate some time off and make it out for one.


__________________
In the absence of leadership make a decision.
shocker998md is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2016, 07:04 PM   #90
plumberone
Member
 
plumberone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Manchester, Maryland
Posts: 312
I'm glad I took the time to attend

Thanks Chad for holding the class and sharing some of your knowledge.
Just a couple examples of things I learned were how to take apart, clean, lube and check the AR bolt assembly.
Also do not use foaming bore cleaner in the AR barrel. It can force crud into the gas tube.
Thanks to your crew at the class too, one of your guys noticed I needed some help and he stepped in and showed me what to do.
It was also nice to meet some guys from the forum at the class.
In closing I'd definitely like to take another one of your classes and would recommend it to anyone interested in learning about their firearms.

Plumberone
plumberone is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Home Page > Forum List > General > Industry Partners > Firearms Training > School of the American Rifle


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
2017, Congregate Media, LP