• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    The NRA just refreshed their “The Eddie Eagle GunSafe® program“.

We should be teaching firearms safety in schools.

“The Eddie Eagle GunSafe® program, it doesn’t teach parents about guns. But it does teach parents about gun safety and how to relay that information to their kids correctly in a method that’s really memorable to kids. It’s the gun equivalent of stop, drop and roll. My kids can recite it.”
    —LISA L., MOM

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Find the new videos here: https://eddieeagle.nra.org

DOES YOUR CHILD KNOW WHAT TO DO IF HE OR SHE FINDS A GUN?

The Eddie Eagle GunSafe® program is a gun accident prevention program that seeks to help parents, law enforcement, community groups and educators navigate a topic paramount to our children’s safety. Eddie and his Wing Team are on a mission to help you teach Pre-K through 4th graders what to do if they ever come across a gun…

STOP!
    This first step is crucial. Stopping first allows your child the time he or she needs to remember the rest of the safety instructions.

Don’t Touch
    A firearm that is not touched or disturbed is unlikely to be fired and otherwise endanger your child or other people.

Run Away
    This removes the temptation to touch the firearm as well as the danger that another person may negligently cause it to fire.

Tell A Grown-up
    Children should seek a trustworthy adult, neighbor, relative or teacher – if a parent or guardian is not available.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Find the new videos here: https://eddieeagle.nra.org

DOES YOUR CHILD KNOW WHAT TO DO IF HE OR SHE FINDS A GUN?

The Eddie Eagle GunSafe® program is a gun accident prevention program that seeks to help parents, law enforcement, community groups and educators navigate a topic paramount to our children’s safety. Eddie and his Wing Team are on a mission to help you teach Pre-K through 4th graders what to do if they ever come across a gun…

STOP!
    This first step is crucial. Stopping first allows your child the time he or she needs to remember the rest of the safety instructions.

Don’t Touch
    A firearm that is not touched or disturbed is unlikely to be fired and otherwise endanger your child or other people.

Run Away
    This removes the temptation to touch the firearm as well as the danger that another person may negligently cause it to fire.

Tell A Grown-up
    Children should seek a trustworthy adult, neighbor, relative or teacher – if a parent or guardian is not available.

I've put all of my kids and about 20 cubscouts through the program. As soon as I read your question I sang the response in my head. It sticks with you :D

tkd4life

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2010
    Southern Maryland
    This is exactly the kind of stuff that the NRA needs to be doing IMO. I think this is an amazing idea on 2 fronts, it teaches kids gun safety in case their parents aren't doing it themselves and it also gets the NRA brand out there in a more positive light. It's a shame when kids are killed by other kids who find guns because they don't follow the simple rules laid out by Eddie. I mean because if Eddie the Eagle can save one childs life right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom