• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    if the two year rule doesn't apply to original applicants who get an exemption, why should not the same rule still apply, like a DD214 or a CCW from another state?

very confusing

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    if the two year rule doesn't apply to original applicants who get an exemption, why should not the same rule still apply, like a DD214 or a CCW from another state?

left up to the discretion of the Chief.

very confusing

Last edited:

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Very confusing indeed. But remember the training requirement was meant as a roadblock, so no wonder.

I'm interested in applying but I don't want to have to go through 16 hours of training. Don't have the time or want to spend the money for the paltry amount of time I would spend in DC.

If I knew for sure that they'd take my old training, I'd probably be in. Guess I'll be in a holding pattern :sad20:

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    The money for the 16hr and range time is calming me down from rushing. If I can't get an unrestricted MD permit, not much sense spending that and getting the DC. I got to drive through MD first a few miles before I get to DC.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Yes but both VA and NH believe in your right to self defense. DC does not and never has. The only reason they gave up is because Frosh begged them to. As was stated, the process is designed to impede your ability to get a permit, not assist you

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Yes but both VA and NH believe in your right to self defense. DC does not and never has. The only reason they gave up is because Frosh begged them to. As was stated, the process is designed to impede your ability to get a permit, not assist you
    Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding.

Please proceed to the nearest Royal Farms for your chicken dinner.

jbrown50

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2014
    DC
    Yes, the absolutist gun haters welcome as many roadblocks as can be gotten away with. The reason they're getting away with it though is because of the "statists" who want the formal training requirements because it makes them feel better. The Second Amendment says nothing about formal training and there's a reason the founders left it out, because it can and will be used as a road block.

Is training a good thing to have? Of course it is but proof of training shouldn't be a "requirement" to exercise your 2A rights. By the way, neither should permits be a requirement.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Funny thing is, if Flush really thought Maryland law was constitutional, he would save money in the long run letting DC go to SCOTUS. I think he really let the cat outta the bag.

Sent from the 3rd Rock

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Agree kind of.

I think he decided SCOTUS was a crapshoot, but unlike DC in Heller, he made the choice to ask DC to stay put.

losing one state was preferable to losing all of them.

Frosh doesn't give a whit about Constitutionality.

He's a statist who wants control over us.

A trip to SCOTUS might have removed that.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    I think he decided SCOTUS was a crapshoot, but unlike DC in Heller, he made the choice to stay put.

Frosh doesn't give a whit about Constitutionality.

He's a statist who wants control over us.

A trip to SCOTUS might have removed that.
    And another one. :thumbsup:

th

fscwi

Ultimate Member
    Feb 21, 2012
    Are they requiring previous denied applicants to apply in person?

No, I called and was told I had to sign a form that says of the information in my original application has changed. You can do it in person, or call and they will mail you the form.

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Funny thing is, if Flush really thought Maryland law was constitutional, he would save money in the long run letting DC go to SCOTUS. I think he really let the cat outta the bag.

Sent from the 3rd Rock

Mr Flush does not give a hoot n nanny about saving the hard working taxpayer dollars in MD when it comes appealing a 2A case that goes against in what he personally believes. He wants everyone in MD to go along with his personal views when it comes to the 2A. He does not care he is trying to force it upon the people and wants to CONTROL THEM!!.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom