• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas
    Does anyone know if the ATI MP5 A3 style retractable stock will work with a Special Weapons SW5?

The SW5 has a cast receiver and the metal is thicker than a regular German made or clone that is a formed metal stamping.

I have read that the SW5 can have the tracks on the side of the receiver milled (0.025 inch on each side) to make a standard stock fit. I have also read that some stocks fit with no problem. I just can't find anyone who knows specifically which retractable stock will work on the SW5 without any modification. If any.

These stocks are a little too pricey to just buy a bunch just to see which one works.

Last edited:

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    If you have to mill the receiver to get a standard stock to fit, you will have to do the same w/ the retractable. The metal 'cap' is the same size on both of them.

TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas
    If you have to mill the receiver to get a standard stock to fit, you will have to do the same w/ the retractable. The metal 'cap' is the same size on both of them.

The receiver is made to accept a standard cap. A standard "German" fixed stock will fit with no problem. A side folding stock will fit with no problem. There is a ridge in the back of the receiver where the stock attaches.

The problem is the rails on the A3 retractable stock are too narrow to fit over the receiver. Supposedly there is a stock that will work without modification. It wouldn't take much.

See pictures... Note that mine has a fake SD type "silencer" barrel shroud over the 16 inch barrel.

Attachments

• Resized_20160716_203153.jpg
      Resized_20160716_203153.jpg
      72.6 KB · Views: 313
    • Resized_20160716_203050.jpg
      Resized_20160716_203050.jpg
      58.2 KB · Views: 357
    Last edited:

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Gotcha.
    Hint: put a location in your profile. Someone nearby might have a stock you could test fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom