• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wabbit

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2010
    I just got back from the show and don't think sitting in stop and go traffic and the admission was worth it. There were no pistol powders, just rifle powders. For some reason there was lots of pistol and rifle primers, but the prices weren't the greatest. Gun prices were the same as always, nothing special. The selection of guns was the same as always, Glocks, Sigs, Rugers, ... I only saw a few Rock Island 1911s, and I was hoping to find the 10mm model. What was I thinking?

There were two tables with crates of Mosins and one table had SKSs covered with cosmoline. Can you believe they are still asking $1200 and up for the Kel-tec shotgun?

If you are looking for something special or unique like rails for an Armalite handguard, this show is a pass. It wasn't like this the last time I went a year ago, though.

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    I had a pretty good day at the show after I found a few C&R pistols I'd been looking for. Also got an ammo can with 500 .32 auto rounds for only $60. He said they were "surplus .32 auto" but its sellier and bellot ammo with a little bit of corrosion on it.

Traffic was horrible on the way back though

etc

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 30, 2010
    shortest line I think I have ever seen there getting in, parking lot wasn't close to being full. ammo prices getting better but I didn't see anything I couldn't buy cheaper online, freight included.

+1

A real disappointment.

Terrible ammo prices. Poor selection. Tons of junk Tula, 7.62x39, 9mm and such but very little 308 match quality stuff like Lake City M118LR - saw just one box and it was $30.

Gen 2 Pmags $10.
    Gen 3 Pmags in a huge bin for $13. 40-rounders $20.

Overpriced.

Traffic very light. The lightest I've seen in years. The parking lot not even full.

Despite that, prices not reflecting low demand.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Same as prior visits. Got there at ~1pm Fri and easy parking & no line - same as always. No one has pistol powders (but NO ONE has them so its what I was expecting) Primers were reasonably priced $31 pistol, $35 rifle / 1000 (and no hazmat). Found some old "scary" mags that MD won't allow me to buy in the state and a bunch of other little stuff. Some prices high, some pretty good. Same as any gun show. 3-4 vendors had mosin crates for decent $. One vendor has a chinese SKS crate for $300. Fairly typical stuff.

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    How was the NRA collection?

from their email, "...will be bringing out our biggest military exhibit ever – WWII Guns with Great Stories.
    Come see a 1911 .45 pistol carried by a paratrooper that jumped on D-Day and another .45 that sailed across the Pacific after escaping Corregidor. Maybe you’d rather see a special .45 handgun made by the Singer Sewing Machine company? We’ll be showing USMC ace Pappy Boyington’s S&W Victory Model .38 revolver as well.
    Also included are rare axis power arms such as the Japanese secret copy of the US M1 Garand rifle and a presentation Baby Nambu pistol, a Luger pistol recovered from behind Utah Beach at Normandy, and an Iron Cross medal recovered nearby.
    We hope you can drop by the C&E Gun show for this one-time exhibition! "

etc

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 30, 2010
    Didn't even see the NRA collection.

OTOH, I got tons of food there. Beef Jerky, etc.

nomade

Apr 26, 2014
    Hello, I went to the show this morning. Prices so and so. Nothing that can not be found cheaper on the web.
    I was looking for a SKS, and I found one vendor that has a crate. After filling my hand with cosmoline (not an issue) and found one very decent. Ready to pay the 300 bucks. I gave the lady the copy of my C&R license and she said, "no, you have a Maryland address. I can not sell to you"
    I was piss. She did not sell it to me because I live in Maryland (thank you O'Malley).
    Really, I think that is not worth it to drive 50 min pay 13 dollars to look a lot of guns that we are not able to buy.
    I do not think I'm going back as long as I live in MD.

About the NRA WWII display. It was a table with like 6 guns. I was expecting more.

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    Hello, I went to the show this morning. Prices so and so. Nothing that can not be found cheaper on the web.
    I was looking for a SKS, and I found one vendor that has a crate. After filling my hand with cosmoline (not an issue) and found one very decent. Ready to pay the 300 bucks. I gave the lady the copy of my C&R license and she said, "no, you have a Maryland address. I can not sell to you"
    I was piss. She did not sell it to me because I live in Maryland (thank you O'Malley).
    Really, I think that is not worth it to drive 50 min pay 13 dollars to look a lot of guns that we are not able to buy.
    I do not think I'm going back as long as I live in MD.

About the NRA WWII display. It was a table with like 6 guns. I was expecting more.

okay, thanks for the information. I have heard stories about some not selling to MD residents.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006

Please out this moron, so we can unload derision on her stupidity.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    How was the NRA collection?

from their email, "...will be bringing out our biggest military exhibit ever – WWII Guns with Great Stories.
    Come see a 1911 .45 pistol carried by a paratrooper that jumped on D-Day and another .45 that sailed across the Pacific after escaping Corregidor. Maybe you’d rather see a special .45 handgun made by the Singer Sewing Machine company? We’ll be showing USMC ace Pappy Boyington’s S&W Victory Model .38 revolver as well.
    Also included are rare axis power arms such as the Japanese secret copy of the US M1 Garand rifle and a presentation Baby Nambu pistol, a Luger pistol recovered from behind Utah Beach at Normandy, and an Iron Cross medal recovered nearby.
    We hope you can drop by the C&E Gun show for this one-time exhibition! "

It wasn't a large exhibit, but it was exactly that plus an M1903 I don't remember the story of and an M1 barreled receiver dug from the Battle of the Bulge site.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    I'm staying with a friend in Reston tonight. Never been to this show and based on the reviews I can't decide if it's worth it or not

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Sounds like Dark Sun strikes again.

It could also be Liberty Surplus. They had a crap ton of Chinese SKS' at the last show for $300 and wouldn't sell anything to MD residents. I didn't check to see this time if they still had them, but I did see that they had an Interarms imported, most likely European police surplus, worn and possibly reblued Walther PP in .380 for $400.

mvee

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 13, 2007
    Crofton
    It could also be Liberty Surplus. They had a crap ton of Chinese SKS' at the last show for $300 and wouldn't sell anything to MD residents. I didn't check to see this time if they still had them, but I did see that they had an Interarms imported, most likely European police surplus, worn and possibly reblued Walther PP in .380 for $400.

Yes that was them. Apparently they erroneously believe that that all SKSs are regulated in md. I think my brief interaction with her pissed her off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom