• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clingy

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 12, 2017
    Kolbe v. Hogan got me thinking...

If Kolbe et al lose, will MD legislature become emboldened and try to pass stricter legislation? I'm sure that legislation is already drafted somewhere. Should we get all the HBARs we want now before it's too late?

If Kolbe et al win, I'm assuming all barrel profiles will be legal. Should we hold off on new AR purchases until case is won and we can buy whatever we want?

I'm torn and would love to know others' thoughts.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!

If Kolbe et al lose, will MD legislature become emboldened and try to pass stricter legislation? I'm sure that legislation is already drafted somewhere. Should we get all the HBARs we want now before it's too late?

If Kolbe et al win, I'm assuming all barrel profiles will be legal. Should we hold off on new AR purchases until case is won and we can buy whatever we want?

Nice first post.
    Consider going to https://www.mdshooters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=119 and introducing your self.

Mike

Propietario de casa, Toluca, México
    MDS Supporter
    Best to buy what you can now. Later may be too late and you could end up with something like this, or worse. It seems like AR prices are very low now anyway, so good time to get what you can.

Probably a dupe...
    attachment.php

Because if they can come take what's left of it, they will. I believe that is a Cal. compliant AR. No pistol grip, no detachable magazine, etc.

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    Cheapest prices you'll see right now might as well buy up plenty of lowers just in case then can always build later on

I was curious too as what direction this may go, my plan is to pick up a few myself before years end. Thought we were in the clear for the next few years, 2A is being attacked every other day it really seems like not just Maryland

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD

This is your lucky day.

AR prices have never been this low. The Colt HBAR 6920 is being phased out but you can find them. If not, grab a Windham model. You want an HBAR anyway because of the advantage it offers when barrel heating sets it. (Whoa, SHTF?).

Who cares if it is a few ounces heavier, man up and do some push-ups.

If Kolbe is a win, then buy any barrel upper profile you want, because having at least a second upper is smart if you only have one AR.

Or if Kolbe is a win, buy a complete second rifle (still cheap!) and make your HBAR a scoped longer-range carbine and focus on outfitting the lighter barrel carbine as your CQC battle rifle.

Win, win brother. And welcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom