• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    babalou asked in the Geissele thread about these:
    what about the HiperFire triggers?

and I've not heard of them before, so I'll start this up to not hijack the other thread. What about HiperFire?

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    yeah

Thanks :thumbsup: I placed it there just because someone mentioned another brand, as well. Yeah, do not want to hijack that thread. Thanks again....

echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    and...?

Do you have them, like them, recommend them, wonder if they're good?

I'm open to comparisons with just about anything, and still haven't actually decided if I want a single-stage or two-stage trigger, so any good brand that's around $100 is on my list to look at. Hiperfire is new to me, so I don't know what they compare to/compete with.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    I have not tried them. Joe Bobs sure has them plastered on their default home page, though. They have a model in the $85 range.

http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Hiperfire_AR15_Hipertouch_EDT_Enhanced_Duty_Trigge_p/hf-edt.htm

The hyperfire 24 is around $175 and has a 2-4lb trigger weight.

HIPERTOUCH® 24

The HIPERTOUCH® 24 fire-control drop-in is a high performance, high precision, service rifle upgrade that installs in AR-15® and AR-10® type rifles. The HIPERTOUCH® name is short for HIgh PERformance TOUCH and 24 for user adjustable trigger weights between 2 and 4 lbs. It’s the “AR” fire-control upgrade we’ve all dreamed of. For installation and operational features of the HIPERTOUCH® family of AR fire-controls watch the 24 videos above. View this graphic, AR-15LowerCavity.PDF. HIPERTOUCH® FCGs may not work in lowers with pivot holes that are outside the MIL-Spec dimensions shown in RED.

The Genius of the HIPERTOUCH® Fire-Control

HIPERTOUCH® FCGs have uniquely solved two problems with stock AR triggers and AR trigger upgrades respectively: 1) High Trigger Weight, and 2) Low Hammer Fall Energy.

Trigger Weight: The real culprit behind high trigger pull weight is high sear impingement force that produces high friction. To get around that, the stock “AR” trigger and hammer mechanical advantage was changed and the toggle spring feature added to reduce the impingement force on the trigger sear. Designers of two-stage products changed the functional location of the primary sear; HIPERFIRE®'s design has not, retaining the stock design’s single-stage simplicity. This is important for when stock triggers are pulled, the hammer cam-action signals hammer fall is imminent. When 2-stage triggers are pulled, the final higher weight stage also signals hammer fall. This can lead to the flinching problem we all know about. Some like to say the better 2-stage triggers have glass rod or candy-cane like breaks to sell the idea that they don't signal hammer fall. In any case, the HIPERTOUCH® 24 does not signal hammer fall because the trigger weight is constant over the entire stroke.

Hammer Fall Energy: HIPERTOUCH® features the unique toggle spring functionality that reduces trigger weight, but while doing so, it also increases hammer fall energy by over 35% over the MIL-spec stock design and every trigger upgrade in the market. This permits the shooter to ignite hard MIL and foreign primers as well as hard to ignite 22 rimfire ammunition.

GottaEat

Aug 24, 2014
    SOMD
    I have the edt2. It's a decent "cheaper" trigger, closer to mil spec feel vs competition. My buddy has one of the hipertouch versions. Not sure which one, but I think it's awsome. If I didn't get such a good deal last black Friday on a SD e I would have gotten a higherend hiperfire.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    The EDT series have a feel like a reworked mil-spec, lighter pull, smoother, less creep and overtravel, decent sub $100 upgrade, have seen plenty in rifles, haven't seen one break or have out of spec issues. The 24 series are a different animal, they are tuneable with toggle spring weight, the G and C are very light and crisp with really short travel, basically as good as a single stage can be. They are more complicated with the toggle spring design, and with rough use have seen a couple cause stoppages, although they are very popular in 3 gun, so lots of people run a lot of them hard, great for a fast shooting fun gun, but probably not ideal for defensive use. I've shot a few Giessele triggers, they are well built, but the 2 stage designs have a long reset, so they work, but they are slower than a single stage, or short-reset 2 stage. Don't like their S3G trigger, it basically has equally noticeable takeup and overtravel without much reset feel, the intention is to use a technique where you push and release the trigger around the break point in the middle of it's travel without bottoming it out, or fully releasing it, just doesn't work for me. I do LOVE the pull of my ATC Gold, extremely light 1st stage takeup, crisp distinct break, super short reset just to the beginning of the 2nd stage, kinda like a good 1911 feel, I only hate the really skinny trigger bow.

echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    These Hiperfire EDT models look interesting - I don't want a competition 3-gun trigger so much as an improved duty/home defense type trigger. There, the EDT, ALG ACT and the LWRC enhanced all seem to fit that bill. Smoother and lighter than milspec, but single stage and not too light (4-5 lb is good).

Have to see what shows up on sale this weekend. Time to go browsing!

chompers

Nov 8, 2012
    I really lucked out back in 2013 when I built my first AR. Palmetto had a lower parts kit that included the Hipertouch 24 all-in for 176$, which is what they go for. I have only ever fired ARs with 2 triggers, mil-spec and the Hipertouch, so I can only use that as my comparison. It's a nice short and light pull. My usage has be purely stationary range. I would definitely pick up another if I were in the market.

Silverlax

Nov 13, 2014
    Eastern Shore
    I have two of the EDT series, they are great. They come with two springs to adjust the trigger pull I think 3.5 lbs and 4.5 lbs if I'm not mistaken. They are really good if you have multiple builds and can't afford a $200 trigger on all of them.

PS. I had heard the original EDT had issues with primer strikes on steel case ammo so they came out with other versions. That has not been the case with either of mine and I use nearly all steel case.

Last edited:

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    I put a Hipertouch24 in my varmint AR rifle and have been very happy with it. It breaks at a little under 2lbs with the 2lb springs in it, had no issues with it whatsoever. I also used a trigger adjustment screw to fine tune and eliminate any creep (it was already in the lower from a previous trigger, so I just kept it in there).

It is a varmint rifle, so I wanted a clean, crisp and light trigger with no creep. It has fit the bill well for it's intended use.

ETA - I also have a couple of builds with ALG ACT triggers and love them for the $$. I add a trigger adjustment screw to those as well to further improve them a little.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    For a relatively inexpensive upgrade the ALG ACT triggers are nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    For a relatively inexpensive upgrade the ALG ACT triggers are nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed, I have several installed in carbines but they are a battle trigger versus the Hiperfire "competition" trigger.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Geissele.

The G2S is less cost, and will leave that factory FCG for dead.

$165 vs $185, and no adjustments for you to chase your tail with. Bonus, Geissele is in PA, so shipping is very quick, and the support is definitely there if you ever need it.

Yeah and i can’t wait for their Memorial Day sale i was just kinda wondering how these stacked up.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Yeah and i can’t wait for their Memorial Day sale i was just kinda wondering how these stacked up.

Personal opinion, adjustable triggers cut both ways - if you know what you're doing and do it properly, you can get an amazing trigger. If you don't, well...

Between my 2 Geisseles, I have a 'fair' amount of trigger time with them. They just work, period. The overall feel of the trigger doesn't seem to change, whether the rifle is clean or fouled to hell and back.

Balancing a great trigger feel, with reliability - it really is hard to beat Geissele.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom