Have you ever had to show your "papers"?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I don't think they can? Gawking at hard copy NFA paperwork that the owner has to keep for a .gov official versus privileged information really only Law Enforcement has access to for an "investigation" (ie; serial numbers on your regular guns).

Let's take On Target as an example. Besides the range they are also an FFL. I'm sure they have the capabilities to find out if a gun they are about to take in on trade, consignment or just to purchase is stolen, why would this not be more important than checking tax stamps for suppressors?

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Was shooting a couple years ago at a PA state game commission public range with a suppressed .22 and and SBR. There was a PA game commission officer (they are real officers with police powers) that came up to us and was quite convinced that I was breaking some type of law with the suppressor. Had to show all paperwork including the 5320.20 for the SBR. He was incredibly confused by it all and spent about 30 min on the phone with his Sgt. making sure it was all "legal" before I was permitted to go on my way. He was respectful the whole time so I didn't mind, but he was clearly ignorant of all NFA law.

It seems most are. IME most don't think civilians can even own machine guns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom