Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Topics of Interest > Gunsmithing
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 18th, 2018, 08:29 PM #1
OverTheTop OverTheTop is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Harford County
Posts: 28
OverTheTop OverTheTop is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Harford County
Posts: 28
Looking for Enfield No 5 Mk1 Stock

I recently became the owner of a No 5 Mk 1 which is in beautiful condition with all matching parts. The only issue is that one of the previous owners decided to ditch the original stock hardware for a monte carlo style stock set.

I was wondering if anyone new where I could source an original/repro stock? So far I've only found rear stock pieces on Numrich.
OverTheTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2018, 08:34 PM #2
Ranchero50's Avatar
Ranchero50 Ranchero50 is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Hagerstown MD
Posts: 4,478
Ranchero50 Ranchero50 is online now
Senior Member
Ranchero50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Hagerstown MD
Posts: 4,478
I've had decent luck bringing a mauser back via eBay.
__________________
MAGA: Less Noise, More Music
Ranchero50 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2018, 08:34 PM #3
buellsfurn's Avatar
buellsfurn buellsfurn is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: southern end of Maryland
Posts: 2,865
buellsfurn buellsfurn is offline
Senior Member
buellsfurn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: southern end of Maryland
Posts: 2,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheTop View Post
I recently became the owner of a No 5 Mk 1 which is in beautiful condition with all matching parts. The only issue is that one of the previous owners decided to ditch the original stock hardware for a monte carlo style stock set.

I was wondering if anyone new where I could source an original/repro stock? So far I've only found rear stock pieces on Numrich.
wish you luck I'm still looking for #1 MK iii. Currently I'm telling my self I like the Monte Carlo stock and it's not working. should I find one in my searching I'll let Ya know
__________________
Don't grow up it's a trap !
buellsfurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2018, 08:37 PM #4
OverTheTop OverTheTop is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Harford County
Posts: 28
OverTheTop OverTheTop is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Harford County
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranchero50 View Post
I've had decent luck bringing a mauser back via eBay.
I've been browsing ebay as well. Since the No 5 is a bit of an oddball my hopes aren't high, but maybe I'll get lucky with something posting a set at the right time.
OverTheTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2018, 08:38 PM #5
OverTheTop OverTheTop is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Harford County
Posts: 28
OverTheTop OverTheTop is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Harford County
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by buellsfurn View Post
wish you luck I'm still looking for #1 MK iii. Currently I'm telling my self I like the Monte Carlo stock and it's not working. should I find one in my searching I'll let Ya know
I have a friend how is doing the same thing with a No 1 Mk 3, I think he found a site which had spare ishapore stock sets. I'll ask if he remembers the site.

I'd go there myself, but I don't think they sold No 5 hardware.
OverTheTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2018, 08:53 PM #6
buellsfurn's Avatar
buellsfurn buellsfurn is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: southern end of Maryland
Posts: 2,865
buellsfurn buellsfurn is offline
Senior Member
buellsfurn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: southern end of Maryland
Posts: 2,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheTop View Post
I have a friend how is doing the same thing with a No 1 Mk 3, I think he found a site which had spare ishapore stock sets. I'll ask if he remembers the site.

I'd go there myself, but I don't think they sold No 5 hardware.
http://www.vmaleather.com http://www.enfield-rifles.com/
__________________
Don't grow up it's a trap !
buellsfurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2018, 10:08 PM #7
OverTheTop OverTheTop is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Harford County
Posts: 28
OverTheTop OverTheTop is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Harford County
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by buellsfurn View Post
Thanks for the links, I'm looking through them now.
OverTheTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2018, 07:04 AM #8
GunBum GunBum is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Frederick
Posts: 42
GunBum GunBum is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Frederick
Posts: 42
This guy can make new repro stocks.

https://www.shop.macongunstocks.com/...d-No-5_c15.htm
GunBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2018, 07:44 PM #9
buellsfurn's Avatar
buellsfurn buellsfurn is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: southern end of Maryland
Posts: 2,865
buellsfurn buellsfurn is offline
Senior Member
buellsfurn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: southern end of Maryland
Posts: 2,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunBum View Post
This guy can make new repro stocks.

https://www.shop.macongunstocks.com/...d-No-5_c15.htm
beautiful stuff Thanks
__________________
Don't grow up it's a trap !
buellsfurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Home Page > Forum List > Topics of Interest > Gunsmithing


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
2018, Congregate Media, LP Privacy Policy Terms of Service