• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    Got some Tech Sights for my 10/22 International. I'll probably get better pics next time I hit the range. Really like the look of them with the Mannlicher stock!

I agree. :thumbsup:

I just picked up a used International stainless with gray/green laminated stock. Put a red dot on it, but think these sights would look better. I wonder if they come in stainless.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Speed competition 10/22s. This is the first one I built and still the one I use most. Bottom one is the first one. Kidd trigger, Magnum Research stock, C-More red dot on Allchin mount, Volquartsen carbon fiber tensioned barrel w/VQ Forward Blow compensator, VQ CNC bolt.
    Top one was my backup. Same stock, Tactical Solutions alloy barrel, VQ trigger, Ruger bolt, Walther red dot as seen here. Now its my iron sight speed rifle with a different Tactical Solutions alloy barrel with integrated fiber optic sights and a JWH CNC bolt.
    10-22A.jpg

Larry David

Jul 1, 2013
    Carroll County
    Some updates

Updated my Ruger with a few goodies... Magpul X-22 stock, Caldwell Bipod, Leatherwood Scope.

Attachments

• 601B4A4B-4648-4094-AB5C-752E0479C489.jpg
      601B4A4B-4648-4094-AB5C-752E0479C489.jpg
      58 KB · Views: 560

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Really liking the Magpul Backpacker stock for the 10/22 Takedown. SWFA was selling the FDE stocks for $79 with free shipping over Thanksgiving weekend, so I decided to refresh my 10/22 Takedown. The Magpul stock is a big improvement. It's lighter overall, it packs much more compactly, it shoulders and cheek welds nicely, and it has well designed internal storage. I've already put spare battery for the red dot and Allen key to remove the red dot in the water proof storage spot in the pistol grip.

The 18-inch stainless barrel takedown has a brass front bead which won't break like my fiber optic pipes frequently do (should I need to remove the red dot and use irons), an enhanced mag release lever, and a BX trigger.
    4e48e290f11fb2c23fe8766dd1d3696b.jpg
    af8070a22d05766c09f78f548ceddc17.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Put a Hogue Stock on a 10/22 Take Down. Nice fit, but adds weight vs OEM stock. Almost looks like wood too.

i9zTFC1.jpg

steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    Really liking the Magpul Backpacker stock for the 10/22 Takedown. SWFA was selling the FDE stocks for $79 with free shipping over Thanksgiving weekend, so I decided to refresh my 10/22 Takedown. The Magpul stock is a big improvement. It's lighter overall, it packs much more compactly, it shoulders and cheek welds nicely, and it has well designed internal storage. I've already put spare battery for the red dot and Allen key to remove the red dot in the water proof storage spot in the pistol grip.

The 18-inch stainless barrel takedown has a brass front bead which won't break like my fiber optic pipes frequently do (should I need to remove the red dot and use irons), an enhanced mag release lever, and a BX trigger.
    4e48e290f11fb2c23fe8766dd1d3696b.jpg
    af8070a22d05766c09f78f548ceddc17.jpg

very nice... I really want one of these for my TD.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    When you shop for it, the Magpul Backpacker stock should be $90 or less, with shipping included. Brownells not long ago had them at around this price.

Eta-
    Prices on black X22 stock:
    https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/840815117179

Prices on FDE X22 stock:
    https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/840815117186

Optics Planet sale on all 4 color variations with free shipping:
    https://www.opticsplanet.com/magpul-industries-x-22-backpacker-stock-ruger-10-22-takedown.html

With Optics Planet, often one can also find an additional coupon to further discount the price.

steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    When you shop for it, the Magpul Backpacker stock should be $90 or less, with shipping included. Brownells not long ago had them at around this price.

Eta-
    Prices on black X22 stock:
    https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/840815117179

Prices on FDE X22 stock:
    https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/840815117186

Optics Planet sale on all 4 color variations with free shipping:
    https://www.opticsplanet.com/magpul-industries-x-22-backpacker-stock-ruger-10-22-takedown.html

With Optics Planet, often one can also find an additional coupon to further discount the price.

awesome, thanks for the links! now I need to make the tough choice... FDE or OD Green...

edit: OD Green won the coin toss, thanks a ton for the info above, saved me some $$

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    My latest conversion

Aklys ZK22 (formerly Red Jacket Firearms, thus the logo)

BX trigger
    Tactical Solutions bull barrel (just eeks in at 29" OAL)
    Red dot, laser, and light

Even with the BX trigger, it still has some lag due to the slide mechanism, but it's better than others I've built because the slide is aluminum rather than plastic so it doesn't flex. The slide comes with a heavy return spring, so I might try a lighter one, or none at all to see if I can 'feel' the BX trigger break.

Fun gun to shoot & pretty accurate, but a PITA to clean because you have to disassemble it. A bore snake works, but still ...

Attachments

• Aklysy ZK22 004 (small).jpg
      Aklysy ZK22 004 (small).jpg
      63.7 KB · Views: 416
    Last edited:

Chazp89

Sep 1, 2017
    Nothing too special, floated the barrel, worked the trigger down to 2.5 lbs, polished the action, then dressed it up with an extended charging handle, Bsa scope and skull mag release. This is an attempt to see how accurate I can make a 10/22 without swapping out major components. Like to find someone with a bone stock one and completely hotrodded one to have a little comparison shoot

Attachments

• 625A6787-5CA5-419E-BAF7-BE44FCE42A81.jpg
      625A6787-5CA5-419E-BAF7-BE44FCE42A81.jpg
      68.1 KB · Views: 354

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    Aklys ZK22 (formerly Red Jacket Firearms, thus the logo)

BX trigger
    Tactical Solutions bull barrel (just eeks in at 29" OAL)
    Red dot, laser, and light

Even with the BX trigger, it still has some lag due to the slide mechanism, but it's better than others I've built because the slide is aluminum rather than plastic so it doesn't flex. The slide comes with a heavy return spring, so I might try a lighter one, or none at all to see if I can 'feel' the BX trigger break.

Fun gun to shoot & pretty accurate, but a PITA to clean because you have to disassemble it. A bore snake works, but still ...

Cool looking 10/22. How long does it take to remove it and then install it in that PS90 housing?

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Cool looking 10/22. How long does it take to remove it and then install it in that PS90 housing?

About an hour the first time 'after' reading the instructions. Though I've gotten it down to 15-20 minutes after disassembling for cleaning.

steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    new x22 hunter stock and red dot installed on my takedown. before (camo/scope) and after (X22/red dot) pics attached. have not sighted in red dot yet still need to get to the range, but other than really stiff on/off switches it seems good so far. I was always disappointed in how well it held zero in my before configuration, I have hopes that the barrel mounted red dot will be better. I am very pleased the new configuration will still fit in the stock bag even with the red dot attached.

Attachments

• 10 22 takedown.jpg
      10 22 takedown.jpg
      49.2 KB · Views: 229
    • x22hunter.jpg
      x22hunter.jpg
      33.8 KB · Views: 242
    Last edited:

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    new x22 hunter stock and red dot installed on my takedown. before (camo/scope) and after (X22/red dot) pics attached. have not sighted in red dot yet still need to get to the range, but other than really stiff on/off switches it seems good so far. I was always disappointed in how well it held zero in my before configuration, I have hopes that the barrel mounted red dot will be better. I am very pleased the new configuration will still fit in the stock bag even with the red dot attached.

What did you use to attach the red dot to the barrel? I really like that setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom