Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2012
    Western Maryland
    I've never had good luck with Remington Golden 22s and I avoid them

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    I've put them Goldens and pretty much all my other brands through my 10/22 with the 110-round German made magazine without a hiccup. Takes 3-5X longer to load than shoot.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Bought a 10/22 from Engage at a great price. My boy and I put near 2000 rounds of mini mags through it, NOT ONE ISSUE, totally impressed. Last weekend I put Federal 40gr round nose "auto match", what a disaster. Stove pipes and many fail to fire. I swore off Remington Golden as well before I got the 10/22. I would use the Golden bullets in a revolver and had a 3% failure rate, with three strikes around the rim!
    I honestly have never yet had a CCI mini mag fail to fire.

Are the mini mags OK to use in older 22LR before the HV stuff was invented? Specifically a Browning SA-22..

It is disconcerting that ammo is such a critical choice sometimes for certain auto loaders. I had a new Colt Mustang and unwisely used Bitterroot ammo. I was really upset that my new gun was not working. I switched to GECO, and problem all gone.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    High Speed .22 Long Rifle ammo dates back to mid 1920s . Browning SA-22 introduced 1914 ( first semiauto .22lr rifle). Would suggest at least raising a question.

But the SA-22 was first imported into US in 1956 . If your rifle has Ogdon Utah markings, it is definitely a late model. I'm not sure of exact year, but early ones loaded from top of stock, later ones load from the right side of stock .

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    The only issues I had with Golden Bullet was accuracy and fouling. It fed & extracted fine in the following:
    1. Glenfield 60
    2. Cooper Jackson Squirrel
    3. Ruger 10/22
    4. Henry Evil Roy Lever
    5. Browning SA-22
    I think those are all my .22 rifles...

I don't buy it anymore. Or Thunderbolt for that matter.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    High Speed .22 Long Rifle ammo dates back to mid 1920s . Browning SA-22 introduced 1914 ( first semiauto .22lr rifle). Would suggest at least raising a question.

But the SA-22 was first imported into US in 1956 . If your rifle has Ogdon Utah markings, it is definitely a late model. I'm not sure of exact year, but early ones loaded from top of stock, later ones load from the right side of stock .

It is the Japanese make. Browning has responded;

We do not suggest hi-velocity, +P ammunition in our guns as the pressures it creates forces early wear on the guns. You can use it intermittently but we don't suggest a steady diet of it.

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    Hope this isn't a real issue, I love my S&W 15/22 and shoot what is every on the shelf without any trouble but I want a 10/22 just because I can and don't have one. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom