• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    Just got done reading about it, cool, just not $640 cool.

Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Well, considering the integrally suppressed barrels start around 500 and change, thats not a bad price retail. I would want to hear it first with various different ammo. I have a T/D with an Mist and I really like. It has a high cool factor at the range. Not to mention, I just plain wanted one.
    Consider a threaded 10/22 on the low end 300, add a screw on suppressor, 300 and up. You are at in the same arena. Both will still require a stamp.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I personally don't like an internally suppressed firearm If for nothing more, you lose the suppressor if you sell the rifle and can't transfer the suppressor onto different types of firearms. Take a 22lr suppressor for say $400 and it can go with any threaded barrel on any 22lr firearm. Right now I have a 10/22 and a 22/45 that I like to use with my suppressor. Couldn't do that any other way.

tkd4life

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2010
    Southern Maryland
    I personally don't like an internally suppressed firearm If for nothing more, you lose the suppressor if you sell the rifle and can't transfer the suppressor onto different types of firearms. Take a 22lr suppressor for say $400 and it can go with any threaded barrel on any 22lr firearm. Right now I have a 10/22 and a 22/45 that I like to use with my suppressor. Couldn't do that any other way.

This :thumbsup: And I doubt the integrally suppressed 10/22 is that much quieter than say a 10/22 with a Spectre II or equivalent suppressor screwed on it. I'd rather save the $200-$300 and have the ability to put it on my 22lr pistols.

Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    This :thumbsup: And I doubt the integrally suppressed 10/22 is that much quieter than say a 10/22 with a Spectre II or equivalent suppressor screwed on it. I'd rather save the $200-$300 and have the ability to put it on my 22lr pistols.

I would say it beats out most if not all my 22 cans, including my Spectre and others. That said, the difference is not that much. It might be the tone to my ears. Yes I have tested them, with another T/D thats threaded.

It is still really fun. I paid less than what the Silencer shop has them for now. That was the deciding factor. This rifle is a project rifle so I am tricking it out.
    I am glad I got it.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    They're available in the mid $500's, on a pretty regular basis.

The TD version may be my next NFA purchase. Or I will SBR my TD. Not sure which yet.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

Integrally suppressed is almost always quieter than attached.

I need one.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Intregally supressed 10/22 have been around for decades, from several mfg .

The design challenge is keeping the OD to .920 , while maintaining clearence for bullet to pass through makes fairly small effective dia for baffles .

Vastly oversimplified : A state of the art muzzle can can be quieter than intregal .920 dia. The intregal .920 bbls are well within the mid to upper mid reduction ratings of muzzle cans.

The choice between intregal and thread on has various factors both directions , and is ultimately subjective.

MDElite

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2011
    We have the barrels in stock. I'll come up with a sale. Stay tuned.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Always wanted one of these...

Attachments

• mk III.jpg
      mk III.jpg
      48.7 KB · Views: 355

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Suppressed

Frederick Arsenal does a lot with the Mark series and their own supressors. They pin and weld so it just needs a stamp. Along this thread. I just purchased a wittmachine 300 complete supressed upper. Going to Engage to do paperwork since my first supressor.

Attachments

• IMG_2091.JPG
      IMG_2091.JPG
      23.8 KB · Views: 348

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Frederick Arsenal does a lot with the Mark series and their own supressors. They pin and weld so it just needs a stamp. Along this thread. I just purchased a wittmachine 300 complete supressed upper. Going to Engage to do paperwork since my first supressor.

That's cool bablou! Congrats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom