• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lkenefic

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    Which barrels are more "drop-in" versus those that will require a bit of patience and fitting to put together? I have some tools, but I'm not a machinist!

Also, it looks like Volquartsen (others) have modular fire control mechanisms. How much fitting will these need to be functional?

Thanks, all....

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Which barrels are more "drop-in" versus those that will require a bit of patience and fitting to put together? I have some tools, but I'm not a machinist!

Also, it looks like Volquartsen (others) have modular fire control mechanisms. How much fitting will these need to be functional?

Thanks, all....

The Volquartsen fire control group I put in my 10/22 about 15 years ago was a drop in. Pretty much two pins and it was in. I like it a lot. Then again, I've been wanting to buy a complete Volquartsen rifle since then. One thing after another seems to get in the way.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    If I knew how to post pictures I'd show you my rig. My 10/22 is now more accurate than my Win 52 was. I can hit soda cans at 200yds easily.

Easy.

Take pictures. Load onto computer. Click Go Advanced for the reply.

Scroll down and click on Manage Attachments. Click Choose File, pick the picture, click Upload.

Repeat for additional pictures.

Post reply.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co

Thanks, all....

Pretty much all 10/22 barrels are drop in. They don't require headspacing or any of that.

May 13, 2005

And here she be. Going on 20 years old and somewhere past 25K rounds. Still shoots like a dream. Not just a bench gun either, spent a lot of time in the AZ wilderness killing all sorts of critters.

Attachments

• Rug1022cust (450x800).jpg
      Rug1022cust (450x800).jpg
      33.2 KB · Views: 165

timkz

Oct 14, 2013
    Ruger 10/22T

This started out as a 10/22T. The barrel, bolt and receiver are factory stock. Upgraded with a Magpul X22 stock, Kidd trigger kit, Athlon scope and various other pieces. The original laminated stock is nice but I needed a higher cheek weld and more adjustability.

Attachments

• Ruger 1022.jpg
      Ruger 1022.jpg
      39.9 KB · Views: 132
    • 25yds.jpg
      25yds.jpg
      62.7 KB · Views: 132
    • 50yds.jpg
      50yds.jpg
      51.1 KB · Views: 134

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    Build your own or buy already assembled,fun either way. I chose to buy a complete Volquartsen rifle, only part Ruger is the mag, everything else including receiver is VQ. Function is perfect and it is very accurate. Target is 10 shot 100 yards.

Attachments

• IMG_1325.jpg
      IMG_1325.jpg
      55.4 KB · Views: 129
    • IMG_1332.jpg
      IMG_1332.jpg
      42 KB · Views: 127
    • IMG_1828.jpg
      IMG_1828.jpg
      67.4 KB · Views: 136

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    This started out as a 10/22T. The barrel, bolt and receiver are factory stock. Upgraded with a Magpul X22 stock, Kidd trigger kit, Athlon scope and various other pieces. The original laminated stock is nice but I needed a higher cheek weld and more adjustability.

Nice groups. What ammo were you shooting? I stick to cci mini mags or the 40gr LRN. I've tried wolf, green tag, eley etc... but didn't see enough accuracy increase to justify the cost.

lkenefic

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011

Wow! Impressive!! What ammo are you shooting? That's about as good as I do with an Anschutz M54 and Eley Target Rifle (yellow box)...

timkz

Oct 14, 2013
    Wow! Impressive!! What ammo are you shooting? That's about as good as I do with an Anschutz M54 and Eley Target Rifle (yellow box)...

These were shot with Wolf Match Extra but it shoots just as well with the Eley Target Rifle (yellow box) too.

nerfherder

Apr 22, 2011
    right here
    Build your own or buy already assembled,fun either way. I chose to buy a complete Volquartsen rifle, only part Ruger is the mag, everything else including receiver is VQ. Function is perfect and it is very accurate. Target is 10 shot 100 yards.

That is among the prettiest rifles I have ever seen, 10/22 or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom