• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I occasionally have a 22lr so mangled I won't chamber and fire it, but it has gotta be pretty nasty looking. I chamber and fire ones that get smashed on feed lips, or that tried to double feed, etc. pretty much if it'll chamber I'll fire it. For 22lr

Other stuff maybe not. Not saying 22lr can't blow up a rifle and hurt or kill you, but the difference between a blow back action 22lr and a gas operated (that won't if plugged) .223 or .308 is just ridiculous in terms of pressures and energy involved.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Shooting tin cans with a plinking gun fine but I wouldn't use it in a match rifle or with money riding on the score.

Truthlesshero81

Sep 30, 2011
    A couple of years back I took a bag of 22lr that had been my grandfathers and shot it. Ammo had to be around 35+ years old. Not the smartest thing I've ever done but 7/10 went bang and no squibs so...go for it.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Heck, I've picked up free .22 "range ammo" someone dropped that looked a lot worse than that and fired it in a Savage MK-II bolt rifle.

It's been seven weeks since the OP asked the question. Have we heard back from him? Did he ever shoot it? Did he get his $2 back from Cabelas? ...

:shrug:

:innocent0

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Heck, I've picked up free .22 "range ammo" someone dropped that looked a lot worse than that and fired it in a Savage MK-II bolt rifle.

It's been seven weeks since the OP asked the question. Have we heard back from him? Did he ever shoot it? Did he get his $2 back from Cabelas? ...

:shrug:

:innocent0

Maybe he tried it and shouldn't have. :innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom