• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Looking for a tube fed 22 and it seems all I'm finding is a Marlin 60, does anybody else builds a tube fed 22 or is the Marlin my only option for buying new? Any experience with the new Marlin 60's?

I just fired for the first time my new Marlin 60 today at NRA range sighting in a scope. Thing is sweet. Punched a dime size hole at 25 yards using just a block on front end. Went through 80 rds, and not a hiccup.

First time I fired a Marlin 60, was my BIL rifle in a closet at his cabin. The bolt was stuck from grime. I just got a q-tip some CLP and a quick once over inside the action, and my boy and I went through 300 rds w/o any jams etc.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    BTW, there are various other versions of the Marlin. I have a 99C from the 60s. Nicer wood and a bit better finish.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Don't sell your Model 60 short. They are ( well before RemLin days :rolleyes:) very accurate guns with the micro groove rifling. The out of the box Ruger 10/22 couldn't hold a candle to a stock Model 60 at 50 yards.

I feel that they are also well balance rifles and are reasonably priced.

microgroove.jpg
    795 at 100 yds wolf match.jpg

Yup. Here's my 795 at 100 yards with wolf match. It's hard to beat for the money. The stock trigger does suck, but smooths out nicely with a little polish and work on the trigger group. Just be sure not to dryfire them. Aside from the normal 22 dryfire stuff, I was bad and cracked my hammer with one dryfire too many. It was easy enough to yank apart and replace, but good to know.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    Growning up, I never had a .22. I was the youngest in the neighborhood. The kid closest to me was 4yrs older. He had a Marlin 60. I shot that a lot. I always wanted one.

Last edited:

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    Is the quality of a new Marlin Model 60 .22LR (tube fed) as good as the earlier ones. I think the wood in the newer stocks may be different, but, otherwise, is the rest good to go?

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Is the quality of a new Marlin Model 60 .22LR (tube fed) as good as the earlier ones. I think the wood in the newer stocks may be different, but, otherwise, is the rest good to go?

I believe they are more accurate than a 10/22

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    Unless one is speaking of the T bull barrel model 10/22, my experience has been it is definitely more accurate than the 10/22. I had four 10/22's and they all produced yawns. Sold all of them. After years I tried again and bought a wood stock Takedown then a bazillion round exrange rental and boight shoot credibly well. But, every Marlin I have/had is/was very accurate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom