• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    I put a Bushnell TRS-25 red dot on my Ruger 10/22 takedown.

Same here - small light rimfire carbine needs a small sight. I put a smaller full size scope on it for accuracy testing. Doesn't belong. If I need greater accuracy and glass I'll grab the Glenfield 20 bolt. Longer range, one of the 22 mags.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    How you guys keep the rail (attached by four screws) from coming loose? I had a beautiful zero, then noted wtf.. can rock the scope, screws backed out.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    How you guys keep the rail (attached by four screws) from coming loose? I had a beautiful zero, then noted wtf.. can rock the scope, screws backed out.

Blue loctite on mine. You just have to be careful not to use so much that it dribbles down on to the bolt before it dries.

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    Blue loctite on mine. You just have to be careful not to use so much that it dribbles down on to the bolt before it dries.

That is what I used. I think it is the only way to keep it tight. Definitely do not use too much. You need a very small amount to do the job, much less than a full drop. I used a toothpick to wet the threads with the loctite. It hasnt backed out in 2 years of use.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    You need a very small amount to do the job, much less than a full drop. I used a toothpick to wet the threads with the loctite. It hasnt backed out in 2 years of use.

That's exactly what I did with mine, too. It's worked just fine for about 500 -
    1000 rounds now.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Did the loctite application yesterday. Had a hell of a time getting one scope ring off the rail first. Broke two cheap T15 wrenches right off. Went to HD got a T15 1/4' socket drive bit, and good to go.
    Will mount the scope tomorrow..

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    After 1000 rds I took it all apart. Using CCI mini mags. Thing was actually not too dirty at all. Took me 20 minutes to figure how to get that bolt handle/bolt back together. Finally just jammed my fingers in the thing through the handle slot to make sure the bolt handle was 90' perpendicular so the bolt could drop back in it. Could not get it together just holding the bolt handle, as it skews a bit and bolt slot won't drop in handle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Andre

Latest threads

Top Bottom