• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    She was fine. It made a loud Bang and the Appleseed instructors stopped the firing line with an immediate cease fire. They were kind enough to give her a loaner rifle, which sorta messed her scoring up a bit since she had been practicing with my S&W 15-22 and the feel of the Ruger 10/22 was different, but she experienced no injuries.

It tore the heck out of the ejector however: popped that out and messed up the spring. I called S&W first, then shipped it back, and it's worked well ever since. No charge to me; S&W made it right on their dime.

Actually she may be shooting it this Friday. She's at home from college on spring break, and as it turns out her boyfriend who is staying with some friends of his in Annapolis wants to go shooting Friday at Berwyn Rod & Gun Club. So I'll host them there, and will likely bring "her" 15-22 along for old times sake.

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Picked a 15/22 from a member. My daughter went with me today to test it out. Her first time shooting a real firearm, but it's very similar to my CO2 M4 we have been shooting, so she was comfortable shooting it. She did well, but she fell in love with it. I have been warned in 6 years the rifle will no longer be mine.:(

Attachments

• 20170805_142119.jpg
      20170805_142119.jpg
      72.1 KB · Views: 418
    • 20170804_195006.jpg
      20170804_195006.jpg
      74.6 KB · Views: 421

steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    does anyone know if the 10-22 will take a standard replacement AR trigger?

I don't shoot mine a ton, but it has been 100% reliable with no issues.

rayrevolver

Jul 26, 2012
    Yes, I run a Rock River 2 stage in my 15-22. That said, it was a used trigger purchase and whatever springs it had would sometimes cause misfires.

I switched the hammer spring back to stock and zero issues.

Cuttyfunk

Dec 17, 2015
    Yes,. I bought my 15-22 PC used for $350. The best part was it had a replacement timney trigger in it. It was a good day.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Best trigger for a 15-22 (depending on how you plan on using it) is usually some brand of 3-gun trigger. Early users did not have much choice so the most common trigger used was the Geissele Super 3-Gun trigger (that is what is still in mine after 6 years of ownership). Now you could choose from as many as 6 different triggers with wide variations in price. Cheapest is probably the JP Single Stage w/Speedhammer about $175 for all the parts. Most of the rest are just above $200 with the Hypertouch 24c being closer to $400. Any of those would be good for speed shooting. The 15-22 is only about a 2-3 MOA rifle due to the extensive use of polymer.
    When using it on a rest the best place to put the rest is as close to the magwell as possible and don't grip the gun too tight. Anything that causes pressure on the rifle will usually deflect the handguard slightly throwing the front sight out of alignment slightly. You can prevent this some by installing a 4-6" long low profile riser over the gap between the receiver and the handguard and tightening it down. Better still is to get the aftermarket tools from Tacticool22 and replace the handguard with one made of aluminum or carbon fiber that is made for a regular AR-15. Tacticool22 makes an adapter that allows the use of regular AR barrel nuts and therefore regular AR handguards of any type including delta-ring M-16 handguards.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Sig 522 is a very nice tactical type .22 that is more accurate than a 15-22. Not as accurate as say a 10/22 or a Rem 597 but much closer than the 15-22. However you can customize the snort out of a 15-22 and make it look pretty much like anything you want from a mall ninja tactical rifle to a stripped down competition rimfire. And the 15-22 is considered by most as the most reliable semi 22 on the market, and that includes the 10/22. I think the Sig 522 looks kind of cool also.

Sirex