• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    I got mine like a while ago and it just eats everything you feed it. I have a cheap Red Dot on it and it is accurate enough for me. The only problem I have is that I forget how much .22LR I actually shoot until it is too late :)

silver78

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2009
    I got mine like a while ago and it just eats everything you feed it.

My experience is the same. I have owned two of them. A regular model and the PC model. I still have the PC model and my friend bought my old one.

I even shot some wildcat ammo out of one of them and it's on the unapproved list in the owners manual. No problems for me. I guess I just got a couple of the good ones.

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    Had my S&W 15-22 for 4 years never had issue running any brand 22LR through it, I only load 20 rounds in the 25 round mags and clean it every time I take it to the range it been great I would buy another or have it repaired if needed. I normally only run 200-300 round when I do shot it, when the range poo poo not watching I'd fire off a whole mag rapid fire.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    Had my S&W 15-22 for 4 years never had issue running any brand 22LR through it, I only load 20 rounds in the 25 round mags and clean it every time I take it to the range it been great I would buy another or have it repaired if needed. I normally only run 200-300 round when I do shot it, when the range poo poo not watching I'd fire off a whole mag rapid fire.

Your range limits firing rates? That sucks.

F-Stop

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Cecil County
    I have enjoyed mine. It shoots just about everything. Really good for transition practice on the cheap. My inner Rambo comes out sometimes with a 50 round drum and suppressor. Pain to load but, very fun to dump the drum suppressed.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    Most have a no rapid fire rule, 1-2 sec per trigger pull will get you a hard look. I think they are concern with people shooting autos, which is a big no no at most ranges. :rolleyes:

Near you, maybe. :)

All of the ranges I can think of (well, the ones I'd go to anyway) are fine with full auto and or other rapid fire.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Had mine out yesterday before the cold blew in... it really likes CCI SV's.. :D

Attachments

• IMG_3788 small.jpg
      IMG_3788 small.jpg
      110.9 KB · Views: 317

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    JoeBob's has em for $16.95, in stock..

https://www.joeboboutfitters.com

Joebob's got a great price but you can't get anything above a 10 rounds mag shipped to a Maryland address, even 22LR. :envy:
    Need a out of state address or shop over the line if they will ship there with a instate bill address. Make it a birthday present to a friend.

So much for being able to support Maryland's economy. :tdown:

jhcrab

Jun 28, 2012
    Howard Co.
    MP15-22 Mag's

Best vendor/place/brand to purchase S&W MP15-22 mag's? I can cross into PA. for 25rnd. if necessary. Thanks

Thanks to all for the advice. I purchased the rifle from the MDS Classified and now I will purchase mag's from an MDS IP. Really glad to be able to do all of this "in house". :thumbsup:

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    My 15-22 had an out of battery fire during an Appleseed. My daughter was shooting it at the time. I sent it back & haven't had any problems since. It ate any ammo I fed it, both before and after the return.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    https://www.joeboboutfitters.com

Joebob's got a great price but you can't get anything above a 10 rounds mag shipped to a Maryland address, even 22LR. :envy:
    Need a out of state address or shop over the line if they will ship there with a instate bill address. Make it a birthday present to a friend.

So much for being able to support Maryland's economy. :tdown:

Joe Bob's ships magazine KITS. Up to buyer to go out of state to assemble them.

At least that is what I have heard. :innocent0

Sirex