• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KimuraFTW

Jul 20, 2012
    Clinton, MD
    And that's why there is none to be had because everyone is doing like you

" I scarfed them up right away"

Geez folks, he didn't say he was wrong for doing it. It seems like he was just making an observation. It actually IS the reason there is none to be had whether it's totally fine or completely unacceptable. People here get so defensive...

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Geez folks, he didn't say he was wrong for doing it. It seems like he was just making an observation. It actually IS the reason there is none to be had whether it's totally fine or completely unacceptable. People here get so defensive...

Grabbing two bricks is why? Highly unlikely. Grabbing 50 and selling them on gb is a different story.

There is nothing at all wrong with grabbing that much. Especially for someone that shoots a lot of 22. Or better yet two people that shoot a lot of 22. Spouse child or otherwise.

KimuraFTW

Jul 20, 2012
    Clinton, MD
    Grabbing two bricks is why? Highly unlikely. Grabbing 50 and selling them on gb is a different story.

There is nothing at all wrong with grabbing that much. Especially for someone that shoots a lot of 22. Or better yet two people that shoot a lot of 22. Spouse child or otherwise.

I mean grabbing them simply because you see them since you know it might be a while before you can get more. I never said there's anything wrong with it. Did you even read what I wrote???

fuzzyclan

Jan 26, 2013
    We go shooting .22lr every summer at the family farm. Now I have to wonder if that is going to happen this year. Strange times we are living in now...

KimuraFTW

Jul 20, 2012
    Clinton, MD
    We go shooting .22lr every summer at the family farm. Now I have to wonder if that is going to happen this year. Strange times we are living in now...

Seriously. 22 was always my go to round to shoot when I didn't want to spend too much money. It always seemed cheap and plentiful. Funny how quickly things change. Uncertainty can cause some interesting situations. I dragged feet on buying 2 BCGs and now I likely won't get them to finish my builds until June lol :o

Goateggs

Jan 27, 2013
    Annapolis
    There is nothing wrong with buying whatever you have the opportunity to buy. How else would the ammo manufacturers know what their demand is? Supply is not static. It is now, in the short term, because the short term is defined as that period during which there isn't time for new entrants to the market, nor for current makers to invest in new plant. Give them the signal by buying, and supply will expand.

Sorry, I have a degree in economics and sometimes that spills out. Anyway, this is my experience over the past couple of months: supply is uneven and constricted. Usually online retailers are the best place to find supply but not lately. I think a lot of them haven't shifted to real time inventory control and so they can't reliably communicate when they do and don't have what you want to order. Brick and mortal retailers are getting supply at intervals inconsistent with past experience, plus they typically have no mechanism to tell them what exactly is going to be on the truck when in pulls onto the loading dock next Tuesday.

All I can suggest for the short term is to be ready to buy whatever you see, and look whenever you are out. I have started just as a matter of course cruising by the gun dept. of wherever I might be for some other reason. I didn't used to go to the sporting dept EVERY time I went into Walmart or Bass Pro or Cabela's. Now I do, and I've scored some ammo as a result when everyone said there was none to be had. Whenever you are in a store that carries ammo, sail past and check. Buy anything they have for whatever firearms you own. Don't be ashamed to buy what you can afford. There will eventually be enough for everyone.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Who makes centurion? Name sounds familiar but can't place it?

I think there is another Brand that uses the name Centurion as a line of .22 ammo. May be what Im thinking about.

afree1

Rimfire Fan
    Jan 25, 2013
    Hagerstown Area
    Our society was built on the concepts of free enterprise in a market driven economy, although there are forces that seem to be trying to change that. It is very American to invest in whatever products you wish, whether it is for your own use or for resale. Ammo is not an exception to this; no apologies are necessary for the purchasing decisions that you make. It is the American way!

Dec 31, 2012
    It is in the interest of the shooting community to keep people shooting on a regular basis, not just stocking for a 'rainy' day.
    It's already raining.

The more who shoot regularly, the more it looks like a sport and not a doomsday prepper cult suffering from OCD hoarding disorders.

Buy 2, buy 10, buy it all, but at least take a few boxes and a few friends(new and old) and go to the range.

No doubt there are a lot of new shooters who need trigger time and education that are not going to be getting either one.

New gun owners that shoot = new gun owners that vote.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom