• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    How sad is it that I am excited that I found two bricks of .22 LR ammo today? On my second to last stop of my usual Saturday rounds I was shocked when I saw two bricks sitting there. They had one brick of Thunderbolt and a brick of Centurion. I scarfed them up right away. Is this our future? I sure hope not.

lkenefic

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    I'm working on my last brick of plinking22. If I were to come across two bricks, I'd have scarfed them up too.

ankrklankr

In response to the question "is this our future?", I was talking w/a rather experienced gun dealer yesterday who informed me this dearth of .22 lr ammo should ease in a couple-three months. In addition to the usual Holiday run on the stuff, this type of shortage comes about every 4 years (read "election"). Sure hope he's right.

Shazam

Dec 20, 2012
    My supply won't last a couple-three months! I have more 7.62X54R then .22. Maybe I'll drag that big 'ol Mosin out to the range next time and leave the 22 home.

Gotta figure people are not shooting as much in this cold weather. So they have nothing better to do then stockpile ammo. In the end prices will be driven up and everybody suffers.

I would have grabbed the two bricks too if I saw them.

afree1

Rimfire Fan
    Jan 25, 2013
    Hagerstown Area
    Buy as much as you need whenever you find it. That's not hoarding in my book. If you have 10 cases stacked in your garage and you are still buying, that's another story!

afree1

Rimfire Fan
    Jan 25, 2013
    Hagerstown Area
    Incidentally, CMP shows .22 ammo ordered now as being filled in about 4 months, so that may provide some idea of their expectations with regards to the "shortage."

mbz300sdl

Gone living free now!!!
    Apr 12, 2010
    South Carolina
    Ill tell you all right now if there was 50 bricks I would have bought them all why because its between me and the seller and everyone else can but out, I was there first and you loose.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Buying 2 bricks is hardly hoarding. You did nothing anyone else wouldn't have done. Hope the Remington works out for you, I always have trouble with it.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    Buying 2 bricks is hardly hoarding. You did nothing anyone else wouldn't have done. Hope the Remington works out for you, I always have trouble with it.

I have shot tons of the Remington Thunderbolt before. My guns seem to eat it like a three year old eats candy on Halloween. It is the Centurion I am not sure about. I have never shot it before.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Don't feel weird about it. I was walking through the garage and a Walmart bag on a shelf caught my eye. I looked inside and saw a 550 round box of Federal mixed in with some household stuff that never made it inside. It was probably sitting there for 3 months. You would have thought I found $1,000.

Dec 31, 2012
    Don't feel weird about it. I was walking through the garage and a Walmart bag on a shelf caught my eye. I looked inside and saw a 550 round box of Federal mixed in with some household stuff that never made it inside. It was probably sitting there for 3 months. You would have thought I found $1,000.

If things keep going like this then you may have found a grand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom