• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Wasn't the mold issue the final straw for Fool-se? And now we're on the hook for $1.6M for nothin'. :mad54:

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Wasn't the mold issue the final straw for Fool-se? And now we're on the hook for $1.6M for nothin'. :mad54:

The mold issue was one of the things leading up to the school board flipping against her in the election... the new board taking the people's will to foose, and then a variety of legal tom****ery happening....going up to the state board of ed. Apparently martirano found a whole bunch of legal funds foose had and was able to use the money(and money from elsewhere) to give us back the paras foose cut in spite. With how hostile the relationship was between foose and the board, it would've gotten reallllllllll weird if foose didn't grab her large sack of money and run.

I am concerned that foose will be using her new position to target hoco. She has a history of being spiteful and vindictive.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Looks like the huge redistricting has become a micro redistricting, and from what I hear, the elementary school kids will be sent to Bushy Park Elementary School (where there is plenty of capacity), until ES #42 is built by the Turf Valley development.

http://www.hcpss.org/news-posts/201...commendations-to-address-school-overcrowding/

I think this makes a lot of sense. No reason to move a bunch of kids out of their specific community because of the Turf Valley development, and then have to deal with this all over again once ES #42 is built. Of course, I think that ES #42 should be built sooner rather than later.

DanJo

Mar 4, 2010
    Western Howard County
    Both of my sons went to Bushy Park. It's a great school with good teachers and a lot of conservative like minded parents. You'll be happy there. When I moved in 2006, I made sure that no matter how they sliced up the redistricting map I'd still be in one of the better western Howard County schools. Keep at least a one school buffer between the schools you want your kids to attend and where you don't want them to attend. Choosing a school zone which borders a school zone you don't want to attend is risky in Howard County. This isn't full proof, but your chances of getting redistricted to a place you don't want to be are much better.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    So how is this "JumpStart HCPSS" program supposed to reduce the number of students in the school?

Are these students going full time to HCC instead of high school?

I'm not sure those numbers are accurate, especially if the students are expected to go full time to HCC.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom