• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dino

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2006
    Beltsville, Md.
    Just a few mods I've done to help improve reliability, accuracy, and to pay homage to the USGI 1911.
    The accessories purchased by CW Accessories really helped to improve accuracy and eliminated the need for that pesky allen screw.
    I'm not sure what is used to finish these guns but it's not the most durable finish. I was thinking about refinishing the gun in Cerekote but she's not exactly a "safe queen" and I'm not sure I want to put any more money into it. Besides, I think it looks kinda cool with a little wear. :thumbsup:

* 80 series to 70 series conversion
    * CW Accessories SS guide rod and spring
    * CW Accessories barrel cone
    * CW Accessories barrel bushing and plug
    * CW Accessories frame hole plug
    * GI arched mainspring housing w/ lanyard loop (no mag safety)
    * GI WWII short stamped trigger
    * GI WWII grip safety
    * GI WWII hammer
    * GI WWII thumb safety
    * GI WWII slide stop

Thanks for looking! :)

Laddertowr

trigger puller
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 3, 2013
    NICE !!!!! I have one about 7 years old... Lots of issues with it at first..... Last winter she got a full maker over and new paint

Dino

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2006
    Beltsville, Md.
    Which of those slide upgrades do you feel made the biggest difference?

Hard to say as I did all of those upgrades at the same time.
    I will say the biggest improvement for reliability was to remove all of the paint in the rails on the frame and slide and polishing the hammer surface and parts under the slide that make contact with the hammer when the pistol cycles. Huge improvement and cost me $0.

Laddertowr

trigger puller
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 3, 2013
    Dino when you went to do the 70 change up..was the small spring missing for the 80 series? I called ATI and was asking for a replacement and was told they no longer use a spring.. I then just ordered a shim from a different vendor and turned into a 70 series.. and your so right removing the paint and polishing is a must on these.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Hard to say as I did all of those upgrades at the same time.
    I will say the biggest improvement for reliability was to remove all of the paint in the rails on the frame and slide and polishing the hammer surface and parts under the slide that make contact with the hammer when the pistol cycles. Huge improvement and cost me $0.
    Huh, interesting. What tool did you use to remove the paint?

I have a GSG 22lr conversion kit that works more or less alright with my 1911, but I'm always looking for ways to improve it. I added on the threaded barrel adapter on the off-chance I want to use it for a suppressor host.

Dino

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2006
    Beltsville, Md.
    Dino when you went to do the 70 change up..was the small spring missing for the 80 series? I called ATI and was asking for a replacement and was told they no longer use a spring.. I then just ordered a shim from a different vendor and turned into a 70 series.. and your so right removing the paint and polishing is a must on these.

That's weird!
    Mine did have the spring.
    I'm wondering how it would even function without one. :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom