• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VickiC

Thelma AND Louise
    May 25, 2017
    Wheaton, MD
    Recalled a Week After I Bought Mine!!!

I bought a 22/45 Lite in May. My very FIRST gun! I didn't even get a chance to take it to the range and fire it before the recall! :banghead:

Of course, when I first got it I took it down, inspected and lightly oiled it before heading off to the range. I noticed something CLEARLY funky with the safety when dry firing it.

Ruger's replacing the grip frames in a special mail-in program on a first bought, first fixed basis. They'll send you a box when it's your turn.

It's STILL a sweet little gun! So, I can wait! :)

TargetGrade

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2017
    Pensultucky
    Yes the older ones are a PITA to clean but if it ain't broke don't fix it???

I bet I'm coming up on 6,000 - 7,000 rounds on my Mk ll target 1980 somethjing vintage. Remove grips and start with a power wash of PB Blaster, brake or carb cleaner soak, bore brush Hoppes ect ect dry and coating of Ballistrol, never a problem. I might do this after every 1000 to 1500 rounds of whatever the sale is du jour.

Works for me but I am lazy. Lives in Kitchen cabinet and backyard shooting range from patio, 100 rounds every day.

fred2207

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 14, 2013
    PG
    Received my MK IV recall return yesterday. It was returned eight days after I mailed them the assembly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom